1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. sh00nya

sh00nya Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I did weigh in these factors, however this has been discussed in earlier posts that it's a calculated risk plus the engine stays within the safe working zone. I didn't mind going ahead with the remap even though I have taken a 5 year extended warranty, well there could be issues if they have to but the change is not easily noticeable at dealer level.

That said it's an individual decision I went ahead with it.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    i dont think the wolf remap comes out in a regular scan that they do during scheduled servicing
    dadasaheb likes this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @sh00nya how much was total expenses for the remap and stuff ?
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Well Rajiv and Amit are truly like the "King Leonidas combo" for us w.r.t Wolf remaps. I had a chat with Amit on Thursday and then with Rajiv to finalize the update that he was giving. Afterall, i bugged him a lot in last few days - Reason: My car is little notorious w.r.t to boost values and since i begged to Rajiv last time for 2700 mbar, i was getting few over boost issues.

Worst part, i was travelling to Mumbai over the weekend and since Rajiv was explicitly coming for my requests (Amit also requested him at times on my behalf), i had to do something to meet him. Finally Amit told me that He and Rajiv will come till Navi Mumbai and we can meet there on saturday. I am so thankful to them for this great gesture.

He updated my vehicle maps after few rounds of testing. The car runs like a rocket but Rajiv told me that he will not give anything beyond 2600 mbar (i was again begging for 2650 mbar :) ). He also provided some updates to have the boost pressure more controlled and I observed lot linear performance after the update.

Best part was when i was returning from Powai to Pune early morning. I was driving in second/fourth map and MId was showing a mileage of 20.8kmpl. Before making a call to Rajiv, I got the tank full done to check (i got one tank full at Gandhi Nagar petrol station, Powai). The car actually returned close to 21kmpl. This took me by surprise and called up Rajiv and Amit to inform this.

I was driving at 80kmph with at times touching 100kmph (2000 to 2500 rpm range in fifth gear on expressway).

The new updated maps are amazing and as Amit say "Kya mast bhagta hai, ekdum makkhan jaise" :D
  5. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Tjet remap is ready!! Awaiting updates from wolfmoto for Chennai visit. Anyone else interested?

Mod Note: Please do not type like this.... Kindly refer to the TFI rules here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Can anyone let me know if there would be any void in warranty if we do the mod. I want to remap my 90 HP Punto sports.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pv_krish, If detected at FASS, yes it might lead to void in warranty. But, remap is not very easily traceable. Quoting from Wolfmoto site:

"Remapping does void your warranty if know to the manufacturer. However the Wolf remap does not increment the flash counter even if done through an ODB. Switch to the stock map when you give to service"
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    On the wolfmoto website, there is no reference to a Tjet remap, only MJD cars are listed. So are you talking about a wolfmoto remap?

Does anyone know if they do remaps for the Tjet?
  9. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    I had been pinging Team wolf past couple of months. Each time I got an reply that they are working on it. Finally last week I got an update that the remap is ready!!

Their website does not have an update but their facebook page has an update on the test mule and that the testing is in progress.

Today I also got a phone call from Rajeev. As of now they have three maps; stock, map 1, map2. The switch will be in Tacho. They will be visiting Chennai sometime end of Nov. They will be bringing the test vehicle also. We can check its performance.

The below link also has a reference from sh00nya on the Tjet remap!!

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/rev...remap-that-can-change-your-life.10884/page-29
  10. I want to do the wolfmoto remapping for my 3 year old punto. Multijet. It has clocked 67000 kms now. No problem in doing it with such a reading on odo?

And chennai members, please join me too if you are planning for remap.