1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    @Kiran most of us in Pune drive in 4th map only... I did not even try 2nd and 1st map.. at times 3rd map and within a km I switch to 4th map.... the low end is actually super amazing, one needs to learn the art and then let the mjd vrooommmmm... I did 1250 kms drive from pune to gwl, at times touched 160kmph and the car was asking for more but I seem to have lost the speeds that I used to do.. so was always sticking to 80-100kmph band
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @Shashank: I am driving in Map 4 ever since my last post here. I am simply in love with this tune. Last weekend when we had a Drive meet at Jadcherla, I was doing 160s continuously and touched 185 kmph few times. A stock car can also reach the speeds we did, but it takes ages to get there. Here it was not the case, the speeds are reached quickly and effortlessly. So slowing down for some traffic is never a hindrance. Wolfed Fiats Rock!!!
  3. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Couple of questions on the 75hp's

1. Do we have any dyno data of the 75hp? Would like to know the figures post the remap
    2. Any 0-100 tests done with a V-Box?
    3. How would you to get to know if the map has switched from 3 to 4 once you hit the set rpm band?

Apologies if they have been answered already.. please provide links :)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You will not know until you stop the car and put car in MAR to see which map is currently loaded. There is no indicator to show which map is on, while car is moving.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ @Roadking, the adrenaline rush when switched to Map 4 cannot go unnoticed :p Especially for a 75hp at higher rpms. You would no longer be driving rather flying
    vivekanandrb and pronoy_banerjee like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Post remap have noticed that MID shows higher mileage than the actual. Earlier MID used to display almost close to actual mileage but now observed the difference has gone up slightly (~1 kmpl). This is the trend noticed in last 4-5 occasions of tankful. Anyone else observed this?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, even in my review post, I have posted, FE was little higher.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    punto_emotion likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This is good, will increase the resale value:rolleyes:. Isnt it? Fiat cars will be at par with the South Korean counterparts then.:finger::finger:
  9. sh00nya

sh00nya Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    WOLFed

my 2014 New Linea MJD Emotion yesterday. Firstly a big shout out and heartfelt thanks to Italia-Linea and amogh for their outright support in the whole process. There aren't many superlatives left that are not mentioned in all the earlier posts - a Wolf remap simply completes the dna of Linea.

I received a mail from the Wolf team earlier in the week mentioning their weekend visit to Pune and I immediately decided that my 5 month 5.5K run Linea will undergo the remap to experience that sheer joy of driving this awesome car. I exchanged a couple of mails with the Wolf team and promptly got all the answers, I had rest of my queries answered by amogh but for the more tech ones he directed me to Italia-Linea aka Amit who helped me right from clarifying my ‘lay-man’s doubts’ to coordinating with the Wolf team for this. Thanks a ton Amit.

Amit, Rajiv (mastermind and one of the most down to earth, super cool guy I've come across) and Hari (equally great guy to talk to) were in Mumbai on Sat with a pit stop back to Pune that day late evening. I was planning to do this on Sat once these guys reached Pune however due to some other commitments decided to meet them on Sunday morning. Crashed in at Ginger at 10am and came to know it was a bit early since these guys were up till 430 in the morning mapping and tweaking stuff.

Called Rajiv and as usual he was quick to respond to; I waited for him downstairs. As soon as he came he started the work and mentioned that the ECU had to be read to understand if things had changed in the new Linea. He had details on the May 2014 Punto ECU read however to be double sure he decided to read before flashing and mapping. That took like an hour or so and in the mean time I asked him for a test drive on the remapped Linea TJET that he they drove from Kochi (guess this was Adarsh’s TJet). Hari accompanied me and we took it for a spin, from the moment I hit the freeway what happened next was nothing short of an interstellar moment, the mapped Tjet is a monster that just doesn't run out of breath and at ~ 4000rpm the real fun had just about started, the moment you open the throttle there is still an incredible surge in power which makes you wonder where's it coming from with no hint of tapering off. Even at lower rpms the surge was unbelievable. This is one remap that all you TJetters must must do it.

Got back from the TD, ECU read was complete and fortunately there wasn't much difference in the code. Started loading the newer refined maps which took about half an hour, EGR deleted- good for the newer engine. Once this was done Amit took it for a spin accompanied by Rajiv and me. We tested map 3 and 4 and the transformation in the new Linea was instantaneously noticeable torque power delivery and the surge….just perfect. On the way back I drove it in map 4 and couldn’t help but keep a wide smile :) all along. The only difference was that the map switch on the temp dial didn’t correspond to a linear display that’s 1-2-3-4 for the corresponding maps but the dial showed 0(Map 1) 3(Map 2) 4(Map 3) and 6(Map 4). Rajiv mentioned he will set that up in his next visit, he also mentioned the newer maps are more refined and all that differs now is the power delivered in various maps plus the lag was as good as gone. I am not too familiar with the detailed tech jargon but Amit explained it well. Requested whether the cruise control lever can be used to provide a shift on the fly guess that was done on his Skoda the first time he mapped it. He said he would definitely check and get back during his next visit.

So here it is....wolfed.....and another reason to fall in love with the Linea...again. On my way back drove in Map 3, will be testing the other Maps as well but I am quite sure Map 3 (in city) and 4 (on highways) are going to keep me hooked for a long long time.

Forza Linea
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @sh00nya did you considered warranty related implications, as per me warranty from FIAT for Engine and gearbox will be void after this remapping, nowadays there is 5 year warranty from FIAT on new cars.
    i know you must have weighed Remap Vs warranty. how it was decided in favor of remap ?