1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Most of the TFIians who have opted for the remap are saying its worth the cost. The Fun To Drive quotient is enhanced exponentially after the remap I am told.
  2. vivekanandrb

vivekanandrb Timido

Bangalore
    Amit (@Italia-Linea) – You’ve absolutely hit the nail on the head with the title of this thread!

Last Saturday morning I had TeamWolf administer ‘steroids’ to my 90 horses. Have run ~200 kms thus far, and boy o boy – talk about passions re-igniting!

Initial observations:
    I have only 4 maps (not sure if in the latest update, they’ve excluded the 5th - will check with TeamWolf
    Map 1: Stock
    Map 2: Found it to be more driveable than stock; but I did not find it particularly exciting. First couple of minutes were a bit of a disappointment - think I was expecting wonders.
    Map 3::woot: Fantastic experience from the moment I switched to this map - the engine is a revelation & a joy! Drives almost like a petrol – smooth, quick revving & a sheer joy to drive – both in traffic & open city roads.
    Map 4: Tried only for ~40 kms on highway; ~20 kms in city. Brilliant at higher revs & I just can't wait for my next highway drive.

I absolutely loved map 3. I think I’d go back to stock only when I want to re-experience the thrill & difference of the new state of tune. I mostly drive with windows rolled up & AC on frequently. Typically used to switch it on/off if I slowed down for bumps/stopped. Now I find that I can still manage reasonably in traffic with the AC on. Only issue - I'm braking more often & harder than before, as I end up very quickly catching the traffic ahead!

Driving through the new maps had me wondering – if only Fiat had given this state of tune 5 years ago, our roads would have been graced by a lot more of these beauties & a bigger legion of fans. I haven’t driven too many cars & not a very aggressive driver. But I think I’m set to enjoy my Linea (hopefully 5 more years or 1,00,000+ kms) as much as the rental Mustang (2 months,3000 miles on US highways) & A4 Diesel (8 days on a Scotland roadtrip, 1500+ kms) that I enjoyed driving. I liked my Swift Petrol as well (3 years, 40K kms) – but it was my first car & mostly just a ‘vehicle’!

@Ravi & others on the thread – thanks a ton again for sharing your thoughts on the remap. Excuse the ‘senti’ :p - but when I was buying a sedan 3 years ago, the heart said the Linea - it was the honest & fair reviews on TFI that won over the mind in taking the plunge with Fiat. It was again the confidence boosting reviews, assurance & feedback on TeamWolf that swayed me to decide in a span of 10 days. Of course – hats off & a huge thanks to TeamWolf for the sheer brilliant work - and rekindling the adoration for my Linea. Enjoyed meeting & interacting with Rajiv & Hari (incidentally they also drive a 2009 Linea among others) and Adarsh (has a T-Jet).
    pv_krish, amogh, prabhjot and 6 others like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I suggest check it once, specially once car is driven for few kilometers and temp gauge is not at min position.
    Map 1-4 should be at temp gauge indicator, 1 to 4, and stock map should be as actual temp of car.
    vivekanandrb, whitesquall and N Kiran like this.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The stock map is represented by the actual temperature on the gauge as Ravi said. Drive for some time and then try switching.
    vivekanandrb and whitesquall like this.
  5. whitesquall

whitesquall Timido

Bangalore
    The Kerala outing went amazingly well both in terms of drive and the stay!

Map-4 oh man! It's absolutely close to driving a petrol variant once you are off the block. Tried it while driving towards Kerala all the way and it was a blast! when I switched to map-3 for a little duration before I reached the destination, I could notice a big difference.

It was map-3 all the way back to Bangalore and it suited very well too as the traffic was considerable due to whatever obvious reasons (road via Bathery).

My punto sports was invisible and I could feel people's expression/frustration when it overtook them effortlessly! There were all kinds of vehicles mind you! :D

I achieved a mileage of 14.4 kmpl for whole of the trip with 90% a.c. and I am happy with it since it has only 7k kms on odo. Hope this improves post 15k milestone.

Already looking forward to another long drive planned this Deepavali ;)
    N Kiran, mchanna and kailasmenon2000 like this.
  6. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I have been trying various maps this week (a map a day) and today was the turn of Map 4. Post the turbo kick the car becomes a beast that could be difficult to tame if unprepared. The acceleration is simply outstanding. The lower end however is not to my liking, there is something amiss. Tomorrow I will be going on a 1000 km drive and would be perfect scenario to test Map 4. Will keep you guys posted.
    punto_emotion and gurjinder like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Request all the Wolf Moto'ed TFIians to post the FE figures for each map. Reading the experiences here, it seems the Map 4 is meant for expressways only. City drive might be a lil bit dangerous I guess in map 4.
  8. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    It costs around 25K...

Well...we post how much the service center charges along with the bills...why not share this as well?

Post the remap, I cleaned the EGR, inlet manifold and intercooler. Also changed timing chain. Now the mileage has improved as well...I guess addition of a cold air intake would increase the mileage a lot...But don't know how to find one...
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    kunwar.g, prabhjot and jayadev.m4u like this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran, so whats the outcome? :p
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    One word, Awesome!!!

Everyone has a unique driving style and people who know me (and my driving style) will understand my perception in this review, better. I am not very technically sound and the below are my observations with reference to 3yrs of driving experience of a 75HP Punto and almost an year with Linea.

Before I start to pen down my experience, I would like to mention that no matter what you do, you cannot transform a Fiat into a Ferrari. So keep your expectations low and the remaps will definitely thrill you better than the stock.

The maps that I received are the latest ones and are tuned to be more linear in contrast to the earlier maps which were more aggressive.

I have tried all the maps and the following are my observations.

Map 1: More or less similar to Stock map, but the engine sounds more refined and less jerky. I only used this mode for a day and moved on to the next maps.

Map 2: The lower end is good and the lag is minimal. I haven't driven in this mode much and I do not plan to. All I can say is people who want to drive in a relaxed/sedate manner will be satisfied with this map the most.

Map 3: Similar to Map 2, the lower and the mid range is quite rev friendly and the lag is very minimal. This is the favorite of all the Wolfed Fiat owners and so is mine. The revs come fast and the engine responds well. Reaches good speeds in city quickly and you will not be left frustrated as you experience in the stock mode. The torque in the lower end makes the car feel like a 75HP, yet with a lot lesser lag.

Map 4: This is the map that I have driven-in mostly. This map would have been my favorite if the lower end was similar to Map 3. But this is sorts of sports mode and the mid & top end has a drastic difference compared to the other maps. The lower end however is a bit laggy but better than the stock and is not suitable for chock-o-block traffic conditions (in comparison to Map 2 & 3). The engine however revs very freely and you will soon find yourself in the turbo zone quite quickly. If you can figure out a way to keep the revs in the turbo zone, this is one awesome map. Post reaching the turbo zone, the car becomes a monster and the surge in power is very evident. Sometimes it becomes difficult to rein in the power and control the car. The revs reach 4k rpm in no time and this I think will thrill aggressive drivers a lot. I think the mileage will take a hit with all the revving around (not sure though). But hey, we dint buy Fiats for mileage after all. I certainly dint.

I drove in this map for almost 800 kms last weekend on a highway trip. The top end is some thing different all together. You need not hunt for gears and down shift constantly to over take in moderate speeds, say 80 kmph.

One common thing in all the maps is that the power delivery is linear if driven properly. The maps are rev friendly and the engine noise is brought down to quite some extent. The tune that I have is in such a way that from all 3 maps except the stock, once we hit 4200 rpm the maps switch to Map 4. Last week, I tried all maps, each a day and I unintentionally, some how managed to switch to Map 4 on every single day trying different maps.

If there is one thing I would like to change in the remaps is to change the switch from 4200 rpm to a higher value. I have already spoken about this to Rajiv and I will get it changed the next time we meet.

Now coming to the man behind these maps, Mr. Rajiv. One of the most coolest persons you will ever meet. His is a guy, who knows what he is into. You shoot any question, even the noobest and he will explain it to you without a hint of fade in his smile. Once you interact with him, you will not find him as some one whom you have met for the first time. He is very jovial and with the kind of down to earth attitude which he carries, it makes him more likable and you cannot help it.

Thanks to Adarsh for keeping up with all my constant queries and pestering about their visit plans. He is one nice gentleman.
    And Rajiv's brother Hari is another cool guy, who mingles with all very easily and fun to interact with.

Finally a big thanks to Mathew for letting us Fiatians know about this Wolf pack.
    Amit, Amogh and Ravi for their constant feedbacks on the remaps which made me more and more desperate to get the remap done on my car.

Do I recommend remapping? Hell Yeah!!!

We spend so much on cosmetic upgrades and are happy and proud to flaunt these around. But being in the driver seat, the one thing that gives you immense happiness is the way the car drives.

Fiats as in them self, put a smile on your face when you drive one. Wolf maps will only make the smile broader. :)
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014