1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    No hardware upgrades required apart from better tyres and good condition brake pads if you primarily drive in map 3/4 ;)

Please check the first post in this thread by Italia-Linea. That will clear most of your doubts.:)
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  2. vivekanandrb

vivekanandrb Timido

Bangalore
    Wow...I missed this thread completely - scratching my head, wondering how! This is fantastic - I'd toyed with the idea of getting tuning boxes, but was very hesitant to tempt my luck regarding longevity of my Linea MJD, which I plan to retain for the next 3-4 years at least. Having completed 38K on the odo, 3 year mark approaching & warranty over - I'm inclined to take the plunge. Have dropped a note to Wolf Moto, and will follow them to check when they'll be in Bangalore next. Will talk to them shortly to understand cost etc. & also read up more on remap/recoding to understand it better. A big thanks to Italia-Linea (Amit) & TFI !
    prabhjot and kailasmenon2000 like this.
  3. whitesquall

whitesquall Timido

Bangalore
    Getting wolfed this Friday! Very excited
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  4. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all I have some queries regarding the remaps

1) Does the EGR delete can cause any issues to the engine in the long run?Does the EGR play a significant role in reducing the combustion temperature appreciably down and there by protecting the exhaust valves? I will prefer EGR delete any day since it increase the low end torque and increases the driveability and also keeps the intake manifold and associated component in pristine condition.Whats your take on this?
    2) Is there a appreciable difference with the wolfed remapped EGR deleted cars and EGR enabled cars?
    3) What about mileage figures?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Even if the EGR does one good thing (assuming it helps environment or lowers combustion temps) it does more bad things to the engine. Clogged intake, loss of drivability and what not. Better to delete EGR and run a clean and healthy engine. A clean and healthy engine will always have low emissions than one which is struggling due it it being choked by the EGR gunk.

Cheers.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. whitesquall

whitesquall Timido

Bangalore
    My second best decision so far w. r. t. cars and it paid off beautifully! 1st decision was to buy a 90 bhp Punto sports.

Yeah! Was the first to get updated maps from wolf today! Noticed considerable change in vehicle behavior/handling within city already (today was the best opportunity to test 2nd and 3rd maps as all the roads were chok-a-block) . Will be trying 4th map this weekend;)

Hats off wolf! A big thanks to the creator and the contributors of this thread! :facepalm:
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Yohoooo!!!! Proud to be the owner of the first car to be Wolfed in Hyderabad. Starting today, I plan to run daily on a different map and then write up my feedback regarding the same by this weekend.
    ramjn, gurjinder, nkrishnap and 2 others like this.
  9. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    What's the cost for remap? I guess it's expensive
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For cost, please reach out to wolf team directly.