1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Done emission test, first time after remaps. And it passed (in stock map).
    This was one item, I was little worried, but no issues on Emission point.

New Doc 8_1.jpg
    3 people like this.
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    One of the Punto's that was remapped was mine. Got it done on Saturday morning.
    Met Adarsh at sharp 10:30 but there was work being progressed on a Linea and hence had to wait for some time. Had a cup of coffee with Adarsh and by then Hari was ready with the kit.

It required 2 flashes of 40 min each. There was a single flash setup but somehow it did not work on my car.
    Tried all the 4 maps over the weekend. shortest trial was with map 1 and it was just for test. It is never meant for my driving style.

Map 1 - 3 min into this map and luckily I reached a signal and changed to map 2 :p.
    Map 2 - city map is pretty decent inside city and pulls really well from low RPM's. Speed breakers can we taken easily in 2nd gear itself and accelerates cleanly right after that. Not much lag felt. Have been using this over the weekends inside city drives.
    Map 3 - Very aggressive map where you feel very sharp turbo kick and accelerates cleanly upto 4500 RPM. Engine note is awesome to hear. Had switched off my music system to listen to the engine note.
    Map 4 - According to me, this is a refined map as compared to Map 3 where you can predict what will happen next. There is no sudden accelerations and it pulls cleanly upto 5000 RPM with barely any lag felt. Could see some smoke at higher RPMs. This map did not give me the "edgy" thrill of map 3.

Yesterday evening switched to stock map for some time to check the difference and I feel that stock map is almost similar to map 1 (slightly better). Once used to maps 2 and 3, I think it is very tough to go back to stock map ever.
    Tornado, aruncep and Ravi like this.
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, an earnest question. Do the Wolf Moto guys have any Dyno charts with these Maps ?
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    5000 RPM on MJD? :-o:-o:-o:eek::eek::eek: Are you sure?

The 4500 you mentioned itself is a long shot AFAIK.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At 5th gear, the top speed should be 220kmph ;)
  6. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Apologies for the confusion by not mentioning the gears. Could not find enough time and road to check the acceleration in 5th gear beyond 3500 RPM. Observation was in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears to an extent. Previously engine used to sound strained right after 3500 RPM from 3rd gear onwards with acceleration being reduced and engine screaming after that. Now the RPM needle moves in a jiffy all the way up to 4500 RPM. Tested in small stretch on Hosur road where previously in similar conditions, could not reach 3000 RPM's in 4th gear. By then i had to slow down to take the exit. Saturday, I could touch 3500 RPM in 5th gear it but had to slow down after that.

Also noticeably the engine note has improved a lot at higher RPM's where it is more soothing now :D.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    How? 40 kmph per 1000 rpm in 5th gear. So its 200 kmph in theory.

The top speed should not matter to many; but driveability does matter.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the correction. :)
    2000 :- 80
    2500 :- 100
    3000 :- 120
    3500 :- 140
    4000 :- 160
    4500 :- 180
    5000 :- 200
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Are they giving a button or some thing to switch the maps or its still the old way of A peddling to switch but that too before moving the car.
  10. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Its still the old way only.