1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    I have a suggestion, lets call the Stock Map as "Map 0" .. Rest all maps can be Wolfed ones. 1-2-3-4.. mainly because we are never going back to stock, ever :-D I also think that since Rajiv is constantly improving upon the maps, in any case we might be talking about different maps.

In that numbering manner I too am on 3rd map and it's a hoot to drive. I absolutely loved map2 in Mumbai city traffic, it makes the GP feel amazingly refined and power delivery is extremely linear, very easy to drive in traffic :cool:
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Map 1 to 4 - Wolf remap, skipping Stock map.

Rajeev and Aadarsh were in long tour and confirmed that they will be in Bangalore on 1st Feb. Since it was Saturday and they plan to stay in BTM, near my home, I waited for them and got it remapped in 5-10 mins in evening.
    Took it for a short drive, in full traffic, and couldn't feel much difference.
    So waited for Sunday morning, and took it towards Electronic City to give some open road to new maps. Tried Map 3 and 4. Felt there is improvement in acceleration on higher RPMs.
    Talked to Amit (Italia_Linea), I told that new maps is not yet adjusted to my driving style, he mentioned you need to adjust to new maps :), and this was so true.
    Drove again in evening and then I observed that all maps has made one change, even in lower RPM, engine was smooth. So even in higher gears, which I used to drive, car drove better.
    Next whole week, drove normally to heavy traffic, for office commute, and observed driving in city has improved, less gear change and FE increased by 1-1.5KMPL.
    However, wolf team as well as Neel informed that they worked on maps in Ahmedamad and I will get it when they retrun.
    Met them again on Feb 9th, morning. They flashed new maps and all maps looked bit more powerful.
    I have tried only map 2 and 3 properly, drove map 4 for sometime, but not to put my experience.
    My favourite is Map 3, as of now, based on my driving style. Easy to drive in city and at same time, accelerate nicely in open roads.

Only thing, on hard acceleration, it smokes more than earlier. Need to observe more on this.
    Remember I have 2009 model, with no lamda sensor and 2009 model smokes bit more anyway.
    7 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Does wolf have maps for 1.4 Fire?
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, from what I know, most tuners do not have maps for NA engines, as the gains are dismal when compared to a remapped turbocharged car.
    1 person likes this.
  5. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Don't think so , its NA

EDIT : did not check answer from DRIV3R - i Agree with him
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Is Rajiv back in town??
    planning a WOLF remap ASAP at Kochi.. Help and advice on the issue please.

the car is still in extended warranty..
  7. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    When are they visiting Bangalore again? A friend may be intereted for his Punto
  8. MANISH JUSTIN

MANISH JUSTIN Timido

GURGAON
    Hi Arun,

I am Manish Justin. I just joined this page and your are the first person I found online. I feel discussion with you will be very helpful.
  9. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    spmebody please.. any leads on wolf moto.. seems to be not giving any response over mail too.. anyone in kochi up for a remap.. need some company ..
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Please keep patience for one more month. In the mean time please pm me for Adarsh's number as Rajiv is sailing.