1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I PMed you my number.

My observation, is, actually it pulling pretty well from lower RPM, city driving was better. No lugging of engine even in higher gears, what I used to drive. And then slight improvement in FE too (but need to drive more to say conclusively).
    I think we need to adjust our driving a bit, with new maps.
    3 people like this.
  2. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    Today met the guys behind wolfmoto. Rajiv and Adarsh. Feels great to have met them, great people. Immediately I realised they know this engine very intimately. It took almost 1.5hrs for the ECU rewrite and then a quick couple of test runs later it was evident on how much better the car feels inspite of being in too much traffic. Will post detailed report after some proper driving around.
    2 people like this.
  3. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even m done with the Remap :-D.. Its really a gr8 feeling to drive the same car in 5 different power ratios... Rajiv and Adarsh Hats off to you for cracking this and make it happen for us... Tones of Thanks.... :up:up...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Venkat try 2 nd map for city driving ... Its fun to drive in city on 2nd Map...
    2 people like this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ravi many users have said the same about map 2. So I am sure you can conclude that you are getting more mileage ;) . Even when I drove a wolfed car I too liked map 2. There seem to be good amount of increase in torque (I guess) in map 2 which makes it very driveable in city.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Cinju, the FE (MID) has certianlly looking increased by 1.5 to 2 KMPL, in full traffic conditon. Currently, I am liking map 3 most :). But I might get some updated maps, tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Will post my review, once I drive few more weeks.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The FE increase was with map 2 right or with 3 also you are getting more ?
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FE increase in Map 3.
    Map 2, I have not driven much. Tried couple of times, 2nd gear is best in map 2.
    But I felt 3rd gear, in traffic, with bit open road, Map 3 is best suited for me.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In this How ur rating map 2 and 3 ,,, Means stock map as 1st Map or stating only WOLF maps as 1,2,3,4
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I count stock as map 5 :).
    First 4 are wolf's maps.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    exactly this is creating confusion , if you go through Amit's write up there 1st Map mentioned is Stock and later are wolf .. Guess all of us are talking and sharing our experience of same maps:evilsmile
    2 people like this.