1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The max rail pressure was 1620 which was same as in stock mode and the max boost was 2525 which is again close to stock with an increase of just 200-300 millibars.

I mentioned earlier that we had no equipment to measure EGT. I will be buying a EGT soon.

But according to theoretical calculations i guess the EGT will hover between 600- 800
    2 people like this.
  2. Amit,
    Welcome to remap club, enjoy your car.
    This is better option than selling the car to just get 1.6 105 PS from skoda/vento .Not that Linea can out perform them but just a way to get better punch out of your car.

I have respect for Rajiv about his work but,even in my car EGR is deleted.I did not see any soot after 18000 kms run after last EGR cleaning but just oil deposits.
    I got to check for errors from KHT other than bulb issue there was not errors regarding EGR.

I have driven 25000 happy kms after remap.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    On punto EGR can be deleted easily. On 90hp punto and linea code is quite different. Its hard to crack on that.

Ya i agree with you. So the title a remap can change your life and the way your car drives :)
    2 people like this.
  4. Did you check with Rajiv on how he is adding so many maps within the RoM?
    When you change maps how much time it takes for Eric to learn the new map?
    I read the other thread by Mattj but hard to believe it is instantaneous.
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    As soon as you change the map the change is instantaneous. I am bad at programming so i dint understand how he coded it.
    The ECU learns by pitching against requested and actual values.
    When the ECU itself says the requested value is different the change happens instantaneous.
    Its not looping or comparing with the stock learning at all.
    4 people like this.
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    I'm not going tamper or touch the exhaust in anyway.. not comfortable. But an Air and a remap combo sounds fine.. do they do that?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    They just do the switch-able remaps. Nothing else like AIR. Lets think of something for you. Adding a turbo :rolleyes:
    3 people like this.
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Do something sir. I'm more than happy with the company specs. No issues with pick up in any gear or no sluggishness... just for kicks...
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    One thing i forgot to mention. We did a smoke test in all maps by driving behind each other. The cars are not emitting smoke even in the most powerful map. The only amount of smoke under hard acceleration is ditto like the ones we get in stock mode.
  10. pradz

pradz

Mysore
    Awesome Job there. Congrats on getting the WOLF out :D
    I'm also looking for this in near future. Can you tell me the approximate cost.. just the range would do.. I need to save up. So it would be helpful.
    its 'lag' becomes irritating in city drives or on full load when really slowing down. The city mode might just be the right thing and Highway mode for the long drives. i am not really keen on high power mode.
    I had problem with my EGR sensor from past three years. After numerous visits to the service center. Nothing happened. Finally had to write to FIAT for the nth time and thankfully i got a positive response. The accelerator issue is solved and now i can think of remap and if its switchable and instantaneous.. nothing like it.. Will be keeping a close watch on this thread. Please keep us updated on the pros and cons(if any) of this remap.

A big Shout to the WOLFMOTO team for their dedication and final outcome :up
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013