1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Absolute truth :up

Very true. You still have the ability to switch to stock at any time. With other methods, you get one map for all conditions and the only way to revert back to stock is to go back to the tuner and get the stock map loaded back.

Correct. Even if this switch is connected to the CAN A network, it is still a lot of work to make the ECU understand the command issued. There might be a possibility - more of a Jugaad - by connecting this switch in parallel to the A pedal, thus issuing the same command as pressing the A pedal, but that would still work only with the engine turned off and key turned to MAR.

But, we did not have this switch-able option till a couple of months back and were content with just "one size fits all" remap. Now that we have it, we want a way to switch on the fly. Typical FIATians, aren't we? :evilsmile

1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Two silly questions.
    1) Once the maps are installed, is it possible to deactivate all the maps and stick to the original stock map
    2) Can a few selected maps be switched off/deactivated
    Tornado likes this.
  3. punto-ed

It's possible , but it has to be done by wolfmoto team. It can't be done by us.

I don't think so you can switch off/ deactivate any map individually once they are installed. simple way is to don't press the " A " Pedal when you turn on the Key to MAR position. Its as good as your driving in the desired map.
    1 person likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    During writing to the chip I suppose some maps can be done without, that is if you really really don't want them in the first place as an absolute fail safe from being a selectable option. In this case the wolfmoto team or likewise should be willing to oblige is all.

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Did anyone answered this question???
    I can think of something..
    - Lets assume that we are driving on 1/2/3 map
    - we raised RPM to 4K, now 4th map gets activated
    - Now, if my understanding is correct then after this, we will stay on 4th map only it will not switch back to earlier map
    - In this case now can we set lower RPM limit to switch back to earlier map?? e.g if my RPM falls below 2-2.5k then we will be thrown back to earlier map.:confused:
    - This will happen only when we are running on 1/2/3 map..if while starting the car if we start her on 4th map then..this logic will not work:confused:

Is it possible?? is yes then the above question can be Answered and will make more sense

Guys, i may be wrong or do not understand the complexity behind it. But, this is one of the possible solution which i can think of.
    Waiting for comments from experts.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. rajks

rajks Amatore

1 person likes this.
  7. stavan

Dear i am really new to ramap and wanna do it in my 75 ps . so plz share some post remap experiences . whether worth or not?
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    1) You can select the stock map and continue using it. Once a particular map is selected all are maps are deactivated automatically.

2) Same logic applies here too!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  9. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    The temperature needle indicated the map only when the key is in ignition position. One the engine is fired up it returns to the actual engine temperature.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  10. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    Hello All.

After reading all these interesting experiences, I couldn't resist the urge and called up the wolfmoto guys. They indicated about travelling to mumbai & pune on 17-18-19 of January. Looking forward to the remap now. I guess I will get to meet some fellow TFI'ns too from mumbai :-D
    1 person likes this.