1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ this may not be practically feasible because its not necessary that whenever driver raises the RPM, he/she wants another map to be activated.

a possible scenario:
    while accelerating from slow speed, everytime one shifts to a higher gear, there will be unwanted changing of maps due to drop in RPM followed by another change to previous map on accelerating further
    3 people like this.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Agree with Shams on this.
    Hi Suman, The scenario you mentioned would be not practical as it would turn out to be more irritating than fun. Reason being different maps behave differently though the same/entire RPM range.
    Example: Map 1 is a low power/economy (than stock) map when compared to 2, 3 and 4. So if we use Map 1 the car will feel slow where as when other maps are used it would give better drive in the same RPM range. So it would always be a good idea to select a map that one feels comfortable and enjoys. A map switch on the fly is a good thought but as said by every one else, Rajiv (from Wolfmoto) is working on it to find the best possible way to do this that would be suitable to all.
    Tornado likes this.
  3. While multi maps are desirable , whats the issue with sticking to one good map and enjoy driving? I had remapped my 75 hp by TOT and was pretty happy with it and never felt the need of multi maps :confused
    3 people like this.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

It would have all the goodies of the 1 map remap and the additional advantage of choosing a map suiting your drive conditions and mood probably. There's nothing wrong with a single map either but then if you have better options why not use it
  5. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    After witnessing the multiple maps. I doubt we will get all these desirable in one single map , Period.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Agree to Raj. Also we shouldn't forget that these maps come apart from the stock. While other remaps will be the only thing available, here we can switch to the stock map.
    Tornado likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    raj29,
    Can this be implemented ? w.r.t first gear only.
    if yes,i will get my car remap.old horse with new legs :D

8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For switching the maps, why you guys are not considering this sports button? Just a thought.
    This should easy fitment to out FIAT cars and on ebay the cost is GBP 35/-

$(KGrHqVHJBUE-cQHd-)GBPsi6g!0Vg~~60_35.JPG
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rishi,
    As per rajan post the command network is different.its not so easy to bring-in third party switch within the network.
    Rajan,please correct me if i'm wrong.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Ganges, it is not possible as of now. Am not sure if it would really be done the way you mentioned wrt first gear