1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Possible. But do you really think it is practical to down shift to first gear and rev to some unrealistic RPM, when you are driving on the highway and want to switch from say Map 2 to Map 3?

As Italia suggested, the best option would be to keep the clutch pedal depressed and momentarily rev to say 4000 RPM to switch the map. However, IMHO, swicthing map on the fly, while driving is not really a critical requirement.

1 person likes this.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

It's awesome. Unleashing the true beauty of what Punto can do :)
    2 people like this.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Raj, want to meet you and TD your Dhanno once, before I leave Bangalore. :)
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    When are you coming back to Chennai? :)

And raj, nice that you have also gone with the remap. After reading lot of positive reviews about the switchable maps, it is really pushing me too.
    3 people like this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thankyou Ramesh. Its really amazing to feel the transformation

Sai, am currently out of Bangalore. Lets take this offline and discuss
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

So the car switches to Most powerful map once you touch 4100 RPM.
    And you are not supposed to keep the pedal floored for more than 30 seconds in the most powerful map.

A Linea MJD does 160 in 5th gear at 4000 RPM and 170 at 4250, and 180 at 4500.So going by this remap,if you are in the Map 4,you wont be able to push the car to its top end,isnt it?;Correct me if i am wrong.
    Tornado and DRIV3R like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I like your question, Akshay.

And as they already said, it only gets you there (top speed) much quicker, but is not feasible to keep the pedal pinned down as we would do in case of a stock MAP.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Practically not possible,however better than pull over to change the map.
    if we think our driving styles are always different in city traffic and highway traffic.

Lets consider a scenario of city drive,i'm the first person on the signal,when signal turns to green,then the term "sluggish" comes into our mind and definitely we will do high rev that means Map change based upon the revved rpm,accordingly the map is selected(aggressive driver :D aggressive map).this will not change untill i come again to the first gear.

Next signal(i'm not the first) i will not be hurried i will move slowlly,if changed to first gear,accordingly the MAP is selected for the last revved at the time of gear change from first to second.if not changed to first gear i will be happy with the selected map,eventhough if i want to change will come down to first gear in the traffic and will come to less aggressive map.

Highway Drive(Fun Drive):-

Being at one speed not possible at all.There are always tolls,speed breakers(NH too),traffic jam.This is the time where we can have suitable MAP switched at first gear only.

P.S:- Views based upon my driving style.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Tornado and rishike007 like this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Question is how fast it would be?
    Progress after 160 in the stock Linea MJD is pretty slow,so i doubt even with remap it will reach 180+ in 20+ seconds.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure if I missed any here, please correct me if the below logic is working with wolf.

It may not be possible but need to check if this can be implemented.
    Rajan/Amit ( Italia) or Kedar/Raj who has done this can cross check with Wolf.

In any gear when the RPM reaches a certain band it will activate one map, when RPM drops it will change to next lower map. Is this possible.Let me clarify this:-When you are driving on 1st gear, till 2000 RPM Map1 or 2 will be activated and work, once you cross 2000, map 3 will get activated and till 3000 it will be there. Once 3000 RPM map 4 will get triggered and till 4000 it will be there. Once RPM reaches 4000 then map 5 will get triggered and work.

So when your RPM reduces, MAP will change from 5>4>3>2>1 like that.The above logic need to work with any gear (only RPM Logic as above).

If this can be done, then no other functionality need to be triggered as temp/switch.Can you please check if this can be possible?​
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013