1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rajan,
    How does one ensure that the maps are switched after pressing the A pedal, is there a visual indication of the same?

Switching maps while driving using the steps you indicated is not only tricky but also risk & dangerous since the driver's attention would diverted from the road even if its momentary. Or is there something else which I am missing.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    question:
    answer to your question:
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    1 person likes this.
  4. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Thanks a lot for the info amit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I have strictly said no to this type of switching. It is very dangerous. I have demonstrated the same to Rajiv too. Instead i have asked him to keep that switch on clutch and 100% throttle. i.e with clutch depressed fully give a sudden full press on the accelerator and release. This will not revv the engine too much and also the map will switch safely
    5 people like this.
  6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    That makes sense and less risky as well...

IMHO, they should come up with some even easier trick to switch the maps on the go... IMHO, pulling the car over, putting it on ignition and switching the maps is not a very practical option.

I might sound stupid... but I have a question... if it is switch application, then why cant they put a simple toggle switch or a regulator type or a fancy push button type switch on the dash???

Neel.
    Tornado likes this.
  7. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Best option would be a hand lever placed behind our steering , identical to one given for lights and wiper ...It would be costly affair tough..
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It has to be an existing action, that will send a command to the ECU over CAN 'A'.

Rajan
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This would be the case when the car is stationary and engine on right? Even this option I somehow feel is not the foolproof. Ideally the maps have to be switched only when the car is standstill & engine shutoff. Sorry if I am talking with my foot in my mouth.
    One doubt, would the maps keep switching in sequence every time the clutch is depressed, I mean from Map 1>2>3>4>1>2......
    Tornado likes this.
  10. bensam

bensam

Cochin
    guyzz...is tapping the A pedal the only possible way to switch the maps?? is it possible to integrate these functions to those (dummy) buttons close to the hazard button in the panel on the dashboard? something like in the pic attached below?? wud luk gr8 if possible...wat do u think?? Fiat-Grande_Punto_Abarth_2008_800x600_wallpaper_26.jpg
    1 person likes this.