1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I remember reading that there were plans to bring in brake-press as an input for switching maps, was the brake press considered for any technical reasons or just another option for input?
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I do not know the reason, but brake pedal depress with engine off, just goes hard without any vacuum boost.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Slow down guys. That was a proposal to enable switch on the fly. At the moment, if you hit 4500 RPM in any map, the ECU will switch to map 4. For all other switches, one has to pull over, turn off the engine and select the map by turning the key to MAR and pressing the A pedal.

The proposal is to enable map switching even while driving, by tapping the brake, without releasing the pressure on the gas pedal. This is quite a tricky manoeuvre, as it would either mean heel & toe, or tapping the B pedal with your left foot. It is being developed and tested.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I thought we were discussing changing the map when idle and not on the fly!
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

And how does this switch happen. I thought it was by tapping the A pedal.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Original post edited.

Rajan
  7. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Tapping the brake pedal by left leg by exerting only a little/gentle force so we don't slow down is going to be tricky, the reaosn in my opinion - our left leg muscles are memorized for clutch pressing, which will be mostly full depression. However, this is the combination which will have least false positives compared to other combinations of abc pedals.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  8. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Can anyone post the contact details of Wolf Moto ? I don't seem to find it in any of the threads.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From their website - wolfmoto.com

Call us at : 9995008977 , 8893223232
    Write to us : remap@wolfmoto.com
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Tornado likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Wolf Moto guys are planning to visit Pune within few weeks.

If anyone interested to do a remap for their car then get ready for it. :up.