1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hope you guys exchanged cars and tried to eliminate driver expertise factor
    Tornado and Cinju like this.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    And also hope it was on a flat surface. I always beat petrol cars while climbing flyovers :), due to the better torque developed in MJDs.
  3. MJD's torque and power tapers off some where after 4000 and before 4600 RPM but, a Tjet can go up to 6000 RPM in stock condition.
    may be upto to 160-180 MJD can stay in race but TJET can touch 200 kmph.
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was about to ask the same question.

That would happen with other cars. Not with a T-Jet. The Jet has same torque and more power, than a MJD, both stock.

I seriously hope that those speeds were not reached on public roads.

From Italia's post, I am assuming that the 4th map has given the MJD more Torque and HP, than a stock Jet, which would explain the Jet's defeat. Rajiv says that these maps were never dyno tested, so cannot give precise numbers. I have a rudimentary experiment in mind, which I will possibly do with the remapped Puntos (both 90 HP & 75 HP). If the results are sensible enough, will post it here.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

Chennai
    If FIAT detects that your CPU is remapped then they can deny the warranty. I have read in this forum that the Wolfmoto remap is untraceable, but I am not 100% sure about it. My logic says that if the codes are changed they can easily trace it. What I think is that this remap will not increase the ECU flash counter (or equivalent), however unless you remove the custom maps and keep only stock map, FIAT guys can trace this when you visit them with any ECU/Engine related issues. (I could be totally wrong here though)

My be Italia-Linea will be right person to comment on this.

Cheers,
    U S
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    True. If FIAT detects it, then your warranty can be denied. Here is why this remap is untraceable.

There is a programming counter, that is incremented when a file is written on to the ECU. In this case, two files are written. The counter increases by 1 during the first write and reduces by 1 during the second write, thus retaining the same value as before. The only way the ASC can detect any remapping is by looking at this counter and they cannot detect this, by using the examiner alone.

The only way this remap can be detected is by taking a code dump of the ECU, sending it to Marelli and doing a bitwise compare with the original code. So, yes, it is not completely undetectable, but is not easily detectable either. However, given that these forums are a popular feedback source for the ASCs, I wouldn't be surprised if the SA turns the key to MAR and presses the gas pedal. Then the temp needle moving would be a dead give away. :D

That said, people who are worried about warranty, should just fill fuel / air and drive.

Rajan
  7. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Rajan, I was about to ask this and you nailed it :p
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    pressing the gas pedal with key at MAR makes temperature needle move after remap?
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If you go through the Wolf thread, you would have noticed that the MAP indication/switching is done using the temperature gauge as the indicator. Each notch represents a map. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is used as an indication of which map to select. Turn the key to MAR and press gas pedal once, the temp needle moves to 1/4 mark - Map 1. Press again, it moves to another position. So on and so forth.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.