1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    How can we improve the pulling ability of Linea mjd in lower rpm range/ in gears 1 and 2.Actually I do not require more power.But, if the sluggish nature in 1 st and 2 nd gears are improved it will be fantastic.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I can understand the feeling of "sluggish" performance in 1st as it is a really short ratio. But 2nd gear pulls really hard. All you have to do is put the pedal to the metal and off she goes from 1800rpm onwards. This experience is on the bone stock Linea. A remapped one will pull even harder.
    Tornado, vivekanandrb, Aniket and 2 others like this.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I have a small doubt here. As I understand it, egr stays open only on part throttle. Unless you drive on WOT on highways, what prevents the egr from opening?
  4. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Anyone got a call from Adarsh ( Wolf Moto ) ?, he called me yesterday and told me that they have worked on a newer map which is better than the earlier one, they will be in Bangalore on 9th of December ( Monday ) night.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Manju,
    See if you could pen down more details about the newer map.
  6. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Asked him the question, he said they will explain in details when they come down on 9th Dec.
  7. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

Chennai
    Guys,

This is amazing! I have heard and read about remapping from different sources. But these guys seems to have taken it to next level by making it so easily switchable for the user. I wonder if the FIAT service center guys (who do the normal servicing of our cars) are smart enough identify the custom maps in the ECU? Let's say we visit them with a failed Turbo under warranty; will they be just replacing the Turbo or will they actually run any ECU diagnosis to identify any potential cause? What do you guys think?

Cheers,
    U S
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The remaps stay hidden and dont show on their examiner! And there are other precautions to extend Turbo life.
    FYI, There is a remap meet happening at Mumbai BKC this afternoon. Thread is already there to follow if you wish.
  9. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks a lot for the info! Its unbelievable that the remaps will not show up and stay hidden, wow!! BTW, I used turbo failure just as an example did not mean that remap will affect turbo :) .
    Yes, I will closely follow that thread.

Cheers,
    U S
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Update:

New better maps. Smoke exactly like stock now. The new maps are clearly 20-25% improvement over the earlier. Thanks to Rajiv for patiently hearing my inputs and feedback and quickly developing new maps.

Surprise/shock whatever you call it - The Linea MJD now beats the Linea TJET. We tested it three times on expressway and every time MJD beats the TJET by atleast 3-4 car lengths.
    I am too much delighted with such an achievement. Now at every km i drive my linea i smile and smile.

Its as is buying a brand new fast car in just 20k.
    Tornado, vivekanandrb, soji and 9 others like this.