1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review: Royal Sundaram vs Bajaj vs ICICI lombard vs Tata-AIG

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Prabu, Aug 2, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

we can't claim two times as you said. each time you file a claim they take photos of your vehicle from all sides. next time whenever you file another claim, they refer to previous claims' pictures to check if any damage being claimed currently is present in any of the past photos. If it is found they will not pay for it.
    This has happened with me.

As per the insurance companies whatever damage you are claiming should be part of one accident
  2. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

My T Jet insurance renewal is due by fourth week of this month.

Have received quotes from Prerana, Royal Sundram and TATA_AG.

Prerana Motors (Royal Sundram) :-IDV= 728875 NCB = 0 ., Premium 18000

Royal Sundaram Direct Quote:- IDV :- 7,41,600. Premium :- 16147. With 0% Depreciation Premium 19,337.

TATA-AG:-IDV :- 7,41,600. Premium :- 16160. With 0% Depreciation , Platinum Premium 20, 294.

Which one should I go for. ? All quotes included 20% NCB.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Compared quotes from TATA AIG / Bajaj Allianz / ICICI for my TJET
    TATA AIG -> IDV (7.15) -> Rs 16000
    ICICI -> IDV (7.2) -> Rs 15500
    Bajaj All. -> IDV (7.25) -> Rs 13950

These all had similar claim policies and same no claim bonus (20%)
    Went for Bajaj Allianz finally coz of lower costs.
  4. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Thanks for the response Sid. Now TATA-AG agent called up and offered a premium at 14,500
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Guys, the premium I saw in my insurance (Future Generali) provided by the dealer for my Linea MJD E.Pack is around Rs. 16+. Now, I am seeing that the renewal quote itself is way higher than mine. Am I missing something?
  6. japa78

japa78 Amatore

get a quote online its much cheaper and buy it online you get alomost 50% off!! I did with Royal Sundaram,their quote with a sales rep and internet ia completely different!!
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    +1 to japa78. I got the cheapest premium from Iffco-Tokio's website which their local office was unable to match. I sat with a cheque book in hand in their office but still they weren't willing to match the website quote. Went back home and paid the premium online.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

I got my car insured today from TASS (Concorde) from Sundaram - the insurance had expired and didnt want to take chances, hence paid the amount 12.6k and came back.
    What i got to know - dealing via Phone or Online works cheaper than any agent or office
    Plus, ICICI lombard offered free coupons worth 2.5k redeemable at various garages - this was absent in TASS (he told that only TATA vehicles are given coupons and FIAT doesnt get it !!)

If you have time then research online take a printout and deal with agents...if not online is the mantra !
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Let me revive this thread. At last, I decided to come out of a sarkari insurance company [through agent] to Royal Sundaram [direct] as it proved to be cost-effective, quick and the best customer care! :)

Last evening, I renewed online my XUV 500's comprehensive insurance with Royal Sundaram for one more year starting from 27 December 2014, costing ₹ 16,741 including 50% no-claim bonus [NCB], which is about ₹ 3 k less than the one quoted by my present insurer, Oriental Insurance.

I researched 5 insurers, viz., Royal Sundaram, HDFC Ergo, Bajaj Allianz, National and Oriental and found that Royal Sundaram was the best. Bajaj Allianz and HDFC Ergo online renewals did not allow me to select more than 20% NCB as my XUV 500 is just one year old. It asked me to contact their customer care for anything more than 20% NCB. When I contacted the customer care and explained to them about transferring 50% NCB from my erstwhile Linea to XUV 500, I was asked to send a scanned copy of the previous policy and RC for giving a quote. No such issues with Royal Sundaram, which readily accepted the details fed by me in their online renewal form. Not only that. When I was entering the details on their online portal, a Royal Sundaram customer care staff called me on his own immediately and answered all my queries to my satisfaction. He assured me that I need not send any scanned copy online for a quote. They would download the details from my previous insurer later. As soon as I paid through my credit card, I received the certificate of insurance and policy schedule in pdf in my email. Clapping.gif

The icing on the cake was, I will be getting My TVS RSA for one year free of cost. Now, I can choose a RSA between Mahindra and MyTVS in case of any emergency! biggrin.gif