1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review: Royal Sundaram vs Bajaj vs ICICI lombard vs Tata-AIG

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Prabu, Aug 2, 2010.

1. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Most insurance copmanies use different modelling techniques....

If you visit their website, you will find it calcuated/populated automatically - thats the auto system, you can also call an agent and then increase your IDV. Clearly IDV(Insured Declared Value) is something we decide, you hence could choose to have it reduced beyond the general calculations - thats the play these companies have!

Go in for ICICI Lombard or TATA, they have a very robust claim processing system - i recently claimed an alloy and a tyre (ICICI Lombard) - it was smooth (not to mention i know a few guys there).

Simply put go for the highest IDV and lowest premium, its always better safe than sorry!
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I would steer clear of TATA AIG General Insurance. They have pathetic after sales service & the call centre is staffed with stupids who just parrot the line which they have learnt by heart.

I found this out twice. Once when I had to claim money from them under accidental policy & again while renewing the policy.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    BAN ICICI LOMBARD. theifs, unethical bastards frauds. what not u can call them. have already lost 3 lac rs due to them.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have opposite experience with Tata-AIG.
    I have claimed and renewed and pretty happy with the service.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Same with me. Had a good experience with TATA AIG. In fact if you happen to have CITI card you can choose to pay in 9 installments without any addtional charges. I also found Sundaram to be very decent in honouring claims.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Do you have 'Drive Assure' mentioned anywhere in your policy document? In mine its not mentioned, on pointing this out i was sent a different soft copy of the policy which has "Type S1,S3,S4" mentioned which is supposed to be their keyword for drive assure. Don't know how a buyer is supposed to know that. I had to ask for this since the customer care personnel told me once that my policy isn't drive assure and i didnt have anything written in my policy which said it is.. hence i registered a complain and got it clarified!!
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    thanks for the pointers. i havent received my documents yet. i just handed the cheque 3 days back :)
  8. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Just got my car get a minor paint job done with Bajaj allianz insurance. There were two dents. They did not pay for the second one.The first one was a light dent on right hand door and right hand fender.The estimate was around 11K.They paid only 8K.
    Had a discussion and found that united india and new india are better than these private ones.
    Thanks,
    Srijit
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    may be both the dents were on diff sides. if they dont find it happened in one accident they ask you to claim 2 times.

why did they pay only 8k? when 11k was the bill?
  10. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    will scan paste the bill by saturday...