1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review : Jabra SP-700 bluetooth car speakerphone

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by obliex, Jul 12, 2010.

1. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    The biggest safety hazard I see on road today is driving with mobile in one hand and the other hand changing gears and managing a sterring wheel. My budget unfortunately could afford me a Linea Emotion. But I was always on a lookout for something which could enable me to talk on the mobile when I drive with my both hands. I hate those handfree which have to be buckled up to my ear.

I came across this nice little car kit on the web and on furthur research suited all my needs. 2 days and 3450Rs later I was able to procure it from EBay.I have been using it for couple of days now and here are my feedbacks on it.

The speakerphone is Jabra SP700.It features Bluetooth 2.0 with which my Samsung Corby paired up like breeze. It also has a Fm transmitter so songs from your phone can be played over your cars music system, or the call can be diverted over to your car's music system.The kit has voice announcement when phone is paired or turning on-off.
    The design is pretty futuristic and sound quality on both sides is decent. It also has auto-shut off when no device is connected to it for over 10 minutes thus saving power. It is supposed to have a talk time of 10 hours and back-up of 200hours. It can be clipped to sun-visor. Still have to try it out.

Overall a very good product.Pictures below.

jabra700_bluetooth.jpg

jabra700_bluetooth_back.jpg

jabra700_usb_charger.jpg

jabra_sp700_car.jpg
  2. This is good news to all Active, Dynamic and Emotions owners.
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I hope it will be in ur car tomorrow at the meet ;). I wanna take a look at it as I also wanna buy speakerphone car kit, I was exploring Zabra SP700 and Nokia Display Speakerphone HF-510.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    There is also a complete Blue & Me kind of Bluetooth Kit by Parrot
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey i did c one kind of BT system from Blaupunkt.. but dont remember what model it was.. And ive never got to that shop yet
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aashay it was something like an add on to the system.. It was a device which gets connected to the HU of our system from Blaupunkt.. I cant find it in the site too:-( would have to get back to that shop and only then i would be able to let u folks know abt the model #...
  8. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Guys ... This thing has a amazing battery life. I have not charged it even once since 12th July when I bought it, about 1 month and 4 days. Now my travel time is 1.5 hours daily. Assuming the same over the weekends , the total standby time till now is about 45hours and talktime of about 4 hours till now. Lets see when I will have to charge it for the first time now.

Let me now try to rate it

Connection setup time with my Samsung Corby : About 15 secs.
    Voice clarity in the car : 4.5/5
    Voice clarity at the receiver's end : 4/5.
    Ease of use : 5/5
    Looks : 5/5 ... Photos show how it looks and when it can be mounted.
  9. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    @Obliex,

What is the cost, did you buy from E bay. Does it suit all mobile phones with bluetooth.