1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

review : 3M car care JP Nagar Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Better buy 3d mats from kagu or star mats.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    happened to me exactly the next day after buying my car as well.
    Its totally understandable just let it go.
  3. Zen, sorry to hear about your first scratch. During the first week of my car I visited the 3M at HSR layout and got the PPF (Paint Protection Film) wrapped around the both RVM and door edges. The film seems real tough hope it protects. I have seen the similar demo of 3M nomad mats, though the demo looked good, I wasn't convinced on it price of 4.5k. I read some review about food getting trapped inside and if you don't notice (because of its noodle like construction) its smells, though I don't have any first hand experience.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    will it fit the dimensions? online available?
  5. starmats available online. Is is custom fit for Punto.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I heard that over time that protection film starts to visible at the edges when collected with dust. Im thinking on that now :(
    Ill go for Star mats or 3D mats. Ill see.
    Btw could you please share the link of 3D mats you bought ??

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys,
    During my visit to 3M car care center, i was told not to wash the car and making it more dirty if possible and bring to them next week (ya this week i cudnt get anything done) so that they shall do foam wash. I am not sure if that guy threw me a bone here, meaning getting foam wash done = paying money for it huh? :O

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guess you are talking about this?? http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_punto_star_mats_17.htm but it says 3 mats in a set :confused
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  7. Indeed, I see the film from RVM coming off in just a week, hence I wouldn't recommend.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Zen, these attempts at best can only prolong the time it takes for your car to acquire scratches.
    What i would suggest is to simply let go of this and spend the same amount on other more useful stuff for the car itself.
    Like buy a good wax, some MF towels and so on.
    You could also start looking at how you can source a can of paint for touch-ups .

The thing is , in India its only a matter of time before such things happen and yes i understand the new car feeling you are going through hence I dont want to burst your bubble but that's the fact .
    After sometime you can go in for 3M protection that will make your car look spotless even after years .
    Think about it.
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the confirmation buddy.

Btw links of the mats you bought recently please?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes sir, your right. ATM i am going only for Paint sealant treatment + Underbelly coat @3M.

Sure buddy, please do suggest what ever such items and i shall try to get them. You can also take alook at my babz closely some time for better suggestions and tips. Got alot 2 learn :)
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Underbody coating at 3mis waste.
    There is no use. Of you really want to protect then get bitumen coating done at a paint shop. The quality is better and takes care well too

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2