1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

review : 3M car care JP Nagar Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Jul 2, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Last friday I was in no mood to work so while whileing away my time it just occured to me that I had recently trashed out my beauty after the Kanyakumari trip and My car also had a lot of swirl marks everywhere.
    So i called up Ashok from 3M at 10:30AM and asked him if he could do something about it.
    Then came the good news that I was looking for.
    I was at 3M bang on at 11AM and he inspected my car and straight away they went to work with it.

I took the pro-shine (i think that's what it's called) package and it includes
    1.) washing
    2.) clay bar
    3.) sanding down imperfections
    4.) polishing
    5.) waxing

I'll let the pics do the talking
    Before

After
    DSCN0042.jpg
    DSCN0043.jpg
    DSCN0046.jpg
    DSCN0048.jpg
    rolling out
    DSCN0050.jpg

The total cost came up to 3200 and now my car has 0 swirl marks.
    The waxing he says would last at least for 4-5 months..

Some opinions : I'm extremely happy with the job he's done.. All the staff are super courteous and he brought free food and free tea for me because I was there the whole time.
    Any question I asked he would patently answer them and after the car was wiped clean until it rolled out i saw that his crew constantly kept an eye on it so that not a speck of dust could settle on it.
    Ashok is a very very humble man and i would highly recommend this guys to anyone wanting to make their beauties sparkle
    8 people like this.
  2. I have called Puneet from 3m @ JP Nagar to get a car wash. He said the car wash cost will be 444 Rs. Unfortunately the pressure wash system is not working as per him and it will take some days to resolve the problem. He said they are now doing the normal pipe water wash. I have requested him to give a call once the machine gets fixed to do the under body wash. Over the phone, the person Puneet was courteous. Will upload the pictures, once I get an appointment and do the wash.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I visited 3M twice in last 2 months, JP Nagar, Blr. What i observed, they have 2 moods, one best service and other quick service.
    best service depends on the mood of the person assigned to your car
    Foam washing and wipe dry is done - output, if the washing guys are pissed off (sorry for the language), then you may get some areas as is and don't be surprised.
    me being a demanding person, asked them rewash the vehicle, which further Frowns (language corrected) them, you may end up in some minor soap or foam ridden areas.

The drying process air with wipe clean is a awful if you are not watching them, they will just skip it in the loud noise of air... the polishing was done by another guy, who managed to skip the passenger door altogether and had to show him ...

When time to pay the bill, they will come with innovative marketing strategy, the paint protection sheet or film - i fell for it all my doors and area under the door handles were filmed costing some 1600 odd.
    after tough feed back, was given a coupon of 250/- for next time use, but the catch is you have to spend a minimum of Rs1500/-

After all this, i can only imagine how their the Quick Service mood would be !!

About Paint protecting film : it gathers lot of dust on its edges and will look shabby after some time, if possible avoid the spending on it. Door handle under side protection was not done properly and paint peeled off !! Unsure if its 3M's fault or Fiat's !!

PS initially had wriiten my experience here : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/exteriors...t-cars-paint-sheen-restored-2.html#post175243

image.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    So 3M car care Yay or Nay ? Confused between HSR and JP Nagar. Distance wise JP nagar is very near.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Jp nagar is good they did the job very well and the owner there takes a personal pride in detailing.
    You can visit them without any issues.
    But I have a few suggestions
    All this hype about paint protection is needed only for old cars at least 2yrs even I got it after 2 yrs only.

Secondly there is really nothing called paint protection either. You can at best prolong the shine by maintaining well.
    Don't go for any sort of polishing or anti Rust coating or anything like that.
    What you need to do though is wash and wax regularly and follow some proper maintaining procedures and all will be good.

Even after this, about 2yrs from now you will see swirls on your paint and that it's when you go to 3m

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  6. I have gone to both center. I felt HSR branch is good compared to JP nagar one. Final finish and the store manager is too good there.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I actually wanted to put on the scratch proof film on the body. Where due to these two wheelys or small kids small scratches could happen on the ears or doors.
    Krishna has done this as per this thread.

So shall i go for this?
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I agree with Praveen. J.P Nagar is just 0.5 kms from my place but I still drive down to 3M HSR. So far they have done a good job on my car :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've not got the scratch proofing done so i cannot comment much on it. But if anything is to go by I highly doubt that a few millimetres of degradable plastic can prevent scratches when a coin is pulled all the way through the body.
    This is my opinion i guess someone else can put in more info on this
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Today while driving three time my right side mirror touched other vehicle mirror. Bad bad bad or worst driving from me. After back home, i did a closer inspection on the outer RVM. A small scratch was present. Felt really bad. I am kicking myself. I am really thinking of adding that plastic thingy atleast on the ears.

Wat say? :sad1:sadblue:uh

Also the guy @3M car car showed a 3M propretiary dust mat which holds the dust with it rather than allowing it to pass through the AC vents and thus we breathing it. He said for all 4 seats, it would costs 4.5K.

He showed a live example by pouring a mud on the carpet and reversing the carpet wud just make the dust fall back on the floor. He said it sticks the dust firmly.

Really Needed?

Dealer has given the floor mats for me. But its already very dusty on the carpet below that too.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013