1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse parking sensors or camera, in Linea???

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by shivraj5624, Jan 24, 2012.

1. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    I'm booking Linea MJD dynamic this month so i want to go for reverse parking sensors from the dealer itself...anyonw knows if that really helps in linea or i need to go for reverse camera which will cost 13,000 at the TATA dealer ?
    will my warranty be void if i get these electrical gadgets fitted from the dealer itself ??
    Plz let me know the cost of sensors and camera if anyone has got them fitted in their car ,do they work well?
    can i use the same screen for GPS(route tracking) ,which is being used for parking???
    i have no knowledge regarding these, so plz guide me guys...!!!
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I have personally found the sensors to be more [cost] effective than the camera. You would be mostly using those in dark & there the camera is of no use.

I had the reverse parking sensor installed in my Linea from the dealer before taking delivery. No warranty hassles so far. It cost me Rs. 3,500/- including installation.
  3. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Good reverse cameras do work in insufficient light, so that is not a decider. However, they alone are not very effective in providing accurate estimate of distances. Reverse parking sensors, on the other hand are not very effective in detecting narrow objects like a pole or an earthing wire. I always prefer a combination of parking sensors and rear view camera.

I use a paintable parking sensor and reverse camera system from Valeo Corporation. They are OEMed by BMWs and Mercs. Got them down from UK. Love their effectiveness. Also got them painted to body color and there has been no impact to the efficacy of the sensors. I however do not like the displays to be mounted on the dash. Looks very after-market to me (which they are). So have got the Gentex auto dimming mirror modules with built in rear screen display and compass down from US. Have to get it installed, which i plan along with my 1st scheduled service.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. I looked up for Gentex mirror modules. Looks like this should do the job really well. Can you share details of where you got it from along with pricing details? Also, if you've got them fitted, can you share the experience.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Just go for the sensors. Camera usage is very minimal, I never use tough.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I would always recommend sensors over camera. Not only are they more cost effective, but I like their stock integration with the bumper (if color matched) and less distraction while reversing.

There are aftermarket/OEM options such as Xenos and Autocop which are in the range of 3-5k. That's the ideal price to pay for parking sensors IMO.
    chetanmohanty likes this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I have fitted the autocop ones which shows distance and warns us too. I am very happy with the accuracy it has. it costed me 2.8k or 3.8k ..forgot the price.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I wish I knew that Concorde Motors wouldn't cheat me the way they did! I opted for so-called OEM parking sensors as part of my sales deal. Dealer told me it will be 'Fiat Approved accessory' and I believed it to be Autocop. However, at the time of delivery, it turned out to be an el-cheapo Chinese brand. It has a small rectangular LED display module that is stuck near my front quarter glass. It shows distance and beeps accordingly.

It's not amazingly pretty or loaded, but I had no time or energy to fight with him and instead got the original Linea cover as a compensation. Anyway, I'm old school and rely on my skills while reversing. So I don't actually prefer using sensors while reversing, but more for stopping in time when parking in a new place!
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    No sensors or cameras will help to totally to park your car. Its just an Parking aid, and this is mentioned on the user manual too. You have to carefully look around and use the signals from sensors only as a help and not totally rely on them.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    You need to see this video buddy! This app is gonna make humans redundant in parking cars!
    Park4U Demo @ IAA - YouTube