1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

reverse parking sensors for Linea

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by saugdas, Dec 30, 2010.

1. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Does installing parking sensors in Linea makes the electrical warranty void? I have gone thru some threads here and in other places but not sure of the final verdict as of today.

If warranty is not an issue, can you suggest me a cheap and effcetive one?

Look forward to first hand experiences as well.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Theres lot of fuss arround warranty. Generally if wires are not cut anywhere then there is no issue with warranty. But then others claim that if its not done at dealers level then warranty cannot be claimed. Furthermore Fiat recommend not to go for any additional accessories from off the market.
    Best option is talk to your dealer. Ask him about warranty issues, and then further talk to him if he is comfortable with installing the 3rd party sensors. Generally dealers are Ok with it.

Few VFM kind of sensors are from Blackcat, RD, Autocop, Zen's and then there are lot of china made sensors coming for 1500Rs, without rear mirror mounts.
  3. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Thanks Viny
    The problem is my dealer do not have stocks available now. They won't fix from outside. They are asking me to wait. How much will an autocop cost?
    is it possible to fix without cutting wires?
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Saugdas, there is no wire cutting for installing a sensor. If you want a professional install, you can call RD and their own installers will put the sensors in ur Linea.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I had ordered parking sensor while booking the Linea and it has not come.

The dealer has a parking sensor and he is quoting 5.5K for the parking sensor and it has a Mirror to read the distance (There is no camera).

Is it worth going for this type of parking sensor ? Please advise. By the way, the sensor comes with 1 year warranty.

Thanks
    Vasu
  6. sham

sham

Better to get the Reverse parking installed from Dealer, installing from 3rd party might void warranty.

5.5k is too high a price, Auto-cop, Redsoul, RD best known brands are priced at 3-4k. Maybe just bargain to get it around 4k. And dont use mirror clipping type which has complaints like rattling, use oval shaped one.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey Vasudev

Dnt go for the Fiat Parking sensors. The cost doesnt Justify them. For that Price, you can have a Night Vision Camera with a screen.

You have Three options :-

1. Go for sensors alone. There are two types of sensors. One with only audible response and the other one with Digital display on the ORVM. Prices would be between 2-3k for any one of these.

2. Go for Camera alone. The Night vision reverse view camera with a screen would be around 5.5- 6k at max. It works wonders.

3. Go for Combination of Camera and Sensors. This gives you the best possible combination (again with sensors you can choose any of the two options). Price would be 8-8.5k at Max.

Now it depends on ur budget and need. If you have the budget, theres nothing better than the 3rd option with the combination of sensors and camera. If you wanna see, I have this installed , with the audible sensor and camera (no need for digital display one as the camera is there). Heres the link viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1213&start=50#p19536

If the budget doesnt permit for the first one, i would advise to go for Only Camera Option as that provides the best possible view and solution.

Finallly the third choice would be only sensors if none of the above two fits the bill.

About the warranty, there wouldnt be a problem. If you go for RD , their own istallers would come and install it and hence flawless installation without any warranty hassels. ::T

Hope you find it useful. ::T
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Anasal,

Thank you for the detailed information.

I would like to share with you that, the sales person came and picked the car from my office and it was very convenience to me to get the work done.

I was not having enough information on the sensors and I asked him I need a view on the mirror while taking the reverse. Dealer has fitted reverse parking sensor of the make Autocop and he charged me 5.5K. Bill is yet to come.

I saw your car and you have the nice sensors + the camera. Did you get those sensors painted with SBB ? Tomorrow i will post the pic of my car with sensors.

I will see if it can be replaced with the option 3. I have decided not to take any more accessories from the dealer. Many of my initial ordered accessories are yet to come.

By the way, does the TJet spoiler comes with any LED/illumination with it ?

Thanks
    Vasu
  9. I too fitted Autocop from the dealer and it costed me Rs. 3700 (which is the market price too). The display is on the mirror and 4 sensors at the back.

The dealer quoted Rs. 3800 ( yes; Rs. 3800) for painting the 4 sensors but i got it done at Xenos for Rs. 250. The paint matched perfectly.

Please post the pictures. I feel you have been overcharged, if it is not a freebie offered by the dealer.

Look at the sensor & mirror pictures in my thread viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1772

Rgarding the spoilers, FIAT branded Tjet spoilers doesn't come with LEDs/illumination.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    bnzjon,

Many thanks for sharing the information.

I feel like, I have been cheated by the dealer. I am going to raise this matter with the manager and with Fiat.

I will post the details of the parking sensor make and the picture early morning tomorrow.

For the information, I have been given only mudflaps + mats and nothing else as freebies.

Thanks
    Vasu