1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse parking camera setup suggestions

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by atul-mca, Sep 22, 2010.

1. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Hi,

Has anybody installed the reverse parking camera with LCD? What needs to be taken care while getting these installed in order to avoid the warranty issues. Which brand to go for? I had also heard of option of wireless camera, has anybody tried that out and what is its cost?

I went to TASS to enquire if they can fit the reverse parking system bought from outside, they said that they dont have efficient staff to fit these special accessories and they only take simple and mostly used installations like seat covers, music system etc. Then i asked them about the parking sensors sold by fiat and they replied that it will be ordered for me and once they get the product, fiat guys will visit to get it fitted (looked weired to me).

Thanks,
    Atul
  2. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    I am also planning to buy mapmyindia navigator vx240 which supports reverse cam and bluetooth connectivity. They are also providing reverse cam for free with this product. Any idea as to how is the camera provided free with this device and does it support night vision also?

One last thing is that whether camera will be able to serve the purpose as I have doubt that the bumpers from corners will remain uncovered and hence it may not be a complete solution (as compared to 4 sensors in a non-cam setup)
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I saw the camera they are providing as freebies with VX240 as part of festive season offer.
    There are no other details about night vision capabilities etc.
    A reverse camera is meant to guide parking in tight spaces where you can see distance between your car's bumper and the obstacles(wall, cars etc at the back). Nothing replaces the parking sensors for full width coverage of the car.
  4. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I have fitted the reverse camera with LCD screen, pls see the pics of camera and screen in the review section. In my case the person did not cut any wires, he put a jumper wire inside the music system to get the electrical connection, hence no warranty void.

I'm now using it for last 2 months and I can say that, sensors are not required, the camera is sufficient.