1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse Light hanging at one side!!!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nmp, Jul 9, 2012.

1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I'm sure this is not only me, as I've seen few no. of Puntos with 'hanging' Reverse lights. The problem is the plastic hook on the bumper which holds it, gets easily broken. Though the light is functioning quite normally. The solution is rather costly (as per TASS) - change the bumper!!! costing @ 6k. In fact SA told me check with some local mechanic for cheaper solution. Guys can you suggest me how to get it fixed?

DSC_1555.jpg

Note: - The Reverse light in the above picture was perfectly fine when I took this photo. :D
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Try fixing it using some anabond
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    similar thing had happened to me once after a small hit! I thought of giving a try myself and put my hand under the bumper and pushed the light outside. to my luck it stuck there nicely, though the plastic hook was broken. please try this and see if it works!
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Try to take your car in the indoor parking Garage (so no wind and dust with the wind)... Try to clean the exterior part and borders of and around that Reverse Light Bracket and apply some Fevi-quick around that reverse light console and just as Shams suggested in the above post put your hand under the bumper and push the light outside, hold it for 15-20 seconds... let the fevi-quick dry there itself and its all set...

It worked for me and so will it for u.... Just take care that the surface of Reverse light console and the border of that bumper socket is dust free otherwise dust will stick to fevi-quick there leaving permanent marks...

Neel :)
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  5. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. The Fevi-quick thing, seems to be 'doable'. I'm having my own parking slot (Stilt) so its not a problem. But approaching the area below the bumper is little difficult. Let me try.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    its not difficult at all. you just need to bend on your knees and you ll be able to reach it easily