1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse camera/sensors - Discussion

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Prabha, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Saket Sidana
    Initially FIAT dealer said he will give me crosslink brand reverse parking sensors with a small display indicating the distance in the dashboard as a freebie. But I could not find any reviews about it. Hence I told the dealer now to add Fiat genuine reverse parking sensors that only comes with beep and no indication. The fiat reverse parking sensor is autocop make and it should come with warranty.

The new Linea Emotion model also has the same I believe.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Sensors come stock with the Emotion variant and my car has it. For me, camera is more useful as it provides a proper view. Sensors also starts beeping if there's an object to the right/left side of the car even though car is being reversed straight and will not in anyway hit those objects. So, wanted to have a better solution by going for a camera than mistakenly hitting it while reversing which would leave a scar on my heart too. ;)
    I had again written to Fiat India service asking for the option they can provide to a customer if they don't provide a camera as an accessory. They asked me for some details and I provided them. Looks like there are talking to the dealer and finding out a solution. Waiting on that and will update the thread about the outcome.
  3. TahaFaizan

TahaFaizan Timido

Bangalore
    Team: My back bumber is getting replaced due to damage. i had 4 reverse parking sensors for Linea in the old bumbper that were fitted by the dealer at the time of purchase. Car is 15 months old.
    I am not very happy with the sensors, there is a delay of few seconds before it starts reporting accurately. The new bumper would be fitted to the car in a day or two.

I am thinking should i discard the reverse parking sensors and may be buy a reverse parking camera + GPS unit. Can you help me with your inputs for the below?

1. Per your experiences, a sensor is better or camera for reverse parking?
    2. Howz been the experience with the reverse parking sensors provided by Fiat dealers?
    3. What do you guys recommend for a GPS + Reverse parking camera? Approx cost? Any recommended models? Reading other posts, assuming warranty wont be void untill you cut company fitted wires. please correct.

Since i am having to take the delivery of car on monday (5th), would appreciate some quick responses.

Thank you.
  4. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Just spoke to the SA from RDC motors and he said Xenos team will be replacing the Camera with a new piece and will be issued to the RDC motors on Monday.
    So, new camera replaced from Xenos
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @TahaFaizan, I had written to Fiat India and they suggested that any non OE fitment would affect the warranty of the car. That's what I am following up with them to provide an option for a reverse parking camera, either they provide that accessory or get it fitted them selves without affecting the warranty. So, pushing them to provide a solution which keeps the warranty intact. If you install the camera, they may have the option to void your warranty incase you report an electric failure. It does not matter if no wire was cut.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @TahaFaizan : A sensor and camera combo is better than just the sensor. Visual aid from the camera is better and safer. I have a Hamann sensor and camera combo on my Tjet, with the display on the centre rear view mirror which it comes with. I paid Rs.9000 for it and it was not installed by the Fiat dealer. It came with white sensors which also matched my car's white colour.
  8. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    @TahaFaizan : If budget permits, go for sensor+camera. My TJet has only 4 Xenos sensors with a mirror display fitted at a car accessory shop in Chennai. The wire to reverse gear light was sleeved and connected. No time lag and working fine so far. It's been an year now.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Update: I got the following reply from Fiat India:
    "We got reply for our concern team that we don’t approve the fitment. Any fitment from market/dealer for non genuine accessories is customer/fitting agency’s liability."
    For now, I am holding off on the fitment as it has been just over 3 months of my purchase and do not want to give away the warranty.
  10. micky123

micky123 Timido

Bangalore
    Sorry for digging up this thread, but did not find anything remotely connected. I have the factory fitted RPS, but i don't get any warning beeps from the sensor (I understand that this is the way it is supposed to work). I bought the car used, so have no idea if it ever worked in the first place. I see a little icon on the display that shows like the sound is turned off. Is there anyway i could reactivate the beeps?