1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse camera/sensors - Discussion

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Prabha, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys, I purchased camera and monitor separately on snapdeal for 1000 and 2300 in April when booked my old linea and Marvel fiat was kind enough to fix that free of cost.
    I got not reverse parking sensor as part of the offer, unfortunately its not working since last month, the dealer had assured to look into the matter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I went to a dealer today to get the reverse parking camera. Dealer had Xenos with screen size of 3 inches. That looked pretty small to me and I didn't go for it. He also quoted a high price(INR 6500). Can someone advice if buying a unit, camera from outside and getting it fitted from the dealer would void the warranty or not? Thanks in advance!
  3. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Camera cost is 800 Rs max
    And screen cost is 1800 max
    For 3 inch xenos brand
    @Saket Sidana
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I have found a good unit at snapdeal at INR2350. Looks similar to the one being used by @Mabams1826. Worldtech: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/worldtech-43-led-tft-monitor/651317

Majorly concerned about warranty of the car as mine has completed just 3 months and do not want to take a risk on warranty so early. Will write to Fiat customer service to get their response and will update the thread.
  5. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Just take carr of wire in fiat car
    Do not cut it ,
    See my F1 light in my linea uploadfromtaptalk1419693046655.jpg
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Well, as expected, Fiat India's reply: "Any non OE fitment of accessories will affect the warranty of the car".
  7. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    @Saket Sidana fiat is right as per warranty .
    I agree with manufacturer
    Some time accessories people dont know how to connect electronic product just they experiment with wire and we lost BCM
    OR ECM
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I guess my "crackerjack" needs to live without reverse parking camera for now. I have again written to Fiat India to suggest an alternative which does not void the warranty, though not sure if I would be able to make some headway.
  9. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    The Xenos camera which i was using for the past 11 months got repaired.I gave it to RDC fiat to claim the warranty.I am yet to get the response from them!

Will update all based on yhe response from Xenos!
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Saket you can go for reverse parking sensors. It does the job pretty well. And it's fiat genuine accessories with warranty. Peace of mind too.