1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse camera/sensors - Discussion

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Prabha, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Can you gentlemen share the installation of the same in your cars? A few closeup snaps of the installation would be very helpful.
  2. punto_raj

punto_raj Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks you...
  3. punto_raj

punto_raj Timido

Bangalore
    I got delivered my Grande Punto Dynamic Tuscan wine on aug 7th ,2014 .
    Very happy with the driving . i am very beginner of car driving and punto is very easy to drive although it has quite bigger front i am very comfortable now in driving after crossing 500kms so far. gear shifting is only where i feel little difficult and not smooth. people say it will get smooth after first service.
    It was bulk booking . Three of us booked from Vecto motors and had a deal for 6.6 L for Dynamic on road.
    Additionally we paid 6.8K for Bumper to bumper insurance.
    Freebies: mud flop, foot mats, perfume, fm transmiter, god idol and ( parking sensors or body cover or door visor).
    The sales executive is messy guy. I asked for door visor but he pasted that on my friend's car. for me he said there is no stock.
    FM transmitter stopped working after the day . its china make for which he said it is1000 bugs worth. when i checked in net it is some 180rs only.
    Door sils ( non illuminated) we paid and took but it is not worth.
    Finally for parking sensor with camera we negotiated with the delivery guy did not come down from 9.5K . Then my friend searched a dealer for dhc brand in JC road bangalore and we made deal of 6.4K with out warranty for 3 cars. its 45min job to fix the reverse parking camera and sensors.
    Camera is of good quality and sensors are very much using while parking apartments.

IMG_3584.JPG
  4. Anup Taryalkar

Anup Taryalkar Timido

Thane
    Punto Evo 1.4
    I got punto evo and wanted to install reverse sensor. Fiat is giving a normal beep sensor for 6k. Outside in market reverse sensor with camera I'm getting it for around 6k but I'm confuse whether my warranty will void? Kindly give me suggestion.
  5. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    @ anup taryalkar
    Only take care at the time of installation,do not cut any wire, accessories people have one parts which joint two wire without cutting original wire, otherwise BCM will effect in loose connection,
    So dont vary about warranty
  6. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Anup Taryalkar , You can buy the unit from outside and ask the dealers to fix it. I hope they do it
  7. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    @Vishi if dealer is agree for that, but base of that fitting , its not a point of argument for warranty, yes wiring at dealer end is better then out side people
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Having a camera will not suffice unless you have a display unit as well. Yes, warranty will become void if the wiring are spliced or cut. If you enquire with FASS for the camera and display unit setup and get it installed from them, then the warranty will not be affected provided you get a warranty letter for the accessory.
  9. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    FIAT dealer is giving crosslink reverse parking sensor as freebie for Linea. I did not opt for the ivrm mirror display instead went for the dash set up in the left corner. Its only sensor and no camera. Can experts let me know about the crosslink quality? I am not able to find much reviews online. Most of them have recommended Xenos or Autocop reverse sensors.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2014 ---
    Any help is much appreciated as I will be meeting with the dealer tomorrow to discuss about the accessories
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If its provided by Fiat then rest assured it will come with a warranty of one year. However strangely Fiat accessories seem to fail immediately after the warranty period. What you can try is enquire with Fiat if they will install accessory bought from outside, this way they will ensure that wiring remains intact and so does the warranty.