1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse camera & Navigator options

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sid_10000, Feb 28, 2012.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hi All,

I need a reverse camera and navigator for my Jet. I do not want 2 different screens for these 2 systems. Are there any good products in market that provide these 2 facilities on the same screen.

p.s. Additional requirement is : I do not want any multimedia players on this device (I am maintaining the OEM HU on the ride).

Do let me know if anyone has installed anything like this on their rides / reviews and prices.

Regards,
    Sid
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The best navigator for india is "Map my india" , you can find more info here MapmyIndia GPS Car Navigation Systems, Maps, Garmin GPS Devices
    As for reverse camera , instead of a camera what I would advice you to do is to buy reverse sensors, the reason is simple.
    Invariably these cameras are connected to displays that are attached to the roof (in front of you're rear view mirror). This obstructs rear vision completely. "Its extremely dangerous"
    Unless you can get a display in you're dashboard (which requires a lot of work as fiat does not support double DIN easily) I would stay away from cameras.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    i believe map my india provides navigation devices along with reverse camera. The navigator will act as screen for the camera when reverse gear is engaged. Check their website.
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes that's right.. and if I"m correct then they make dashboard mounts as well that simply sits on the the dashboard.
    That should be a good choice.
  5. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    For navigation, mapmyindia is better than other alternatives. The device comes with a windscreen suction mount. It can also be used as monitor for rev. camera, multimedia player and bluetooth handsfree.

Rajeev

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The windscreen suction cup doesn't seem to that effective, especially if you park your car in the sun, the air in the suction cup expands, resulting in the device falling down as cup looses hold over the wind screen. I have seen this quite a few times.
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

+1 to Fiatlover. I faced this issue usually when i park the car is the sun. The device will fall off. Option left is to remove and refit it every time. Also you have to deal with the wiring hassles if you are going to attach it to the reverse camera. And go for devices with smaller screen size as bigger ones will obstruct the view.