1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse Camera for Punto?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by milind5656, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    I am not using the FM transmitter feature, I have connected head unit and this LCD monitor with AUX cable and the voice clarity is perfect. You can try this option. You may need to spend another 200-300 rupees for this option.

Ramesh
  2. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    today I got the delivery of my punto.I enquired about the reverse parking sensors,he gave me 2 whopping quotes:
    - with sensors and camera - 12k
    -without sensors but camera and I guess gps - 16k
    If I install it outside showroom,does that void the warranty of the new car?
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Outside showroom will do if no wire cuts.... Also the electrician who will be performing the installation should be knowing the slicing method for this job.
    I think Car Cupid is good option for this also you will get the reasonable quotes from Car Cupid. The contact person is Sunny.

He knew Kedar, so give his reference & TFi too :) You might get the best deals from him.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There seems to be this major misconception that any elecrical fittings added to the car without wire cutting will not void warranty. This is not true. The whole concept of insisting that these fittings be done at ASS, is because the ASS is expected to know the kind of wiring used, the load bearing capacity of the same and are expected to only fit accessories that will not overload the circuit and result in melted wires or even worse, a burnt car.

Going by this theory, fitting a car fridge to the same circuit as the reverse lamps will not void warranty, as long as no wires are cut. Nothing can be further than the truth. Adding after market elecrtical accessories to the car is always a tricky thing and is best left to experts. If one is not too sure about the capabilities of the ASS, it is perfectly OK to get it done outside, as long as the circuit is not overloaded. Protecting the circuit with an inline fuse would be the best thing to do.

Rajan
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I"m also looking for reverse sensors (or possibly a camera) . But my only worry with the camera is that they have to be fitted somewhere "on" the dashboard or on the roof .
    I want it to be fitted "in" the dashboard.

I saw a few options at reliance autozone but all were IRVM fitments and these dont have that night mode which will block incident headlights during night driving.
    Any suggestions for a camera based sensor system without these pitfalls ?

(I"m almost finalizing on the buzzer) but i would definitely preempt it , should i find a nice solution for the camera based sensors.
  6. I have installed a reverse camera connected to my Head unit. It works perfectly in night also. Listing some sample photos. 2013-02-11-086.jpg 2013-02-11-087.jpg 2013-02-11-088.jpg

Please excuse me for the poor quality images taken from my phone. I feel it is worth the money I paid for the camera.
    2 people like this.
  7. Bullet

Bullet Novizio

COIMBATORE
    Hi Praveen Raj Patten,
    It is nice. What is the brand of your two din player? and how much it is cost arround including installation? If possible, send your mobile number to my mail id(balarose3@gmail.com).
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I dont think that is a 2-din player. Looks like a single din player with a retractable display. Looks nice, nevertheless.

Rajan
  9. Its 1 DIN HU with 7 inch touch touch screen.

@ Rajan : Screen is detachable to prevent theft.

- - - Merged Post - - -

HU brand is Eonon sourced from HongKong. Total cost including shipping charge,customs duty was 12k. Installation I had to pay 3k which includes wiring for the entire car, reverse camera installation etc.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2