1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse Camera for Punto?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by milind5656, Jun 2, 2010.

1. milind5656

milind5656 Novizio

Pune
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    emotion pack or active u can install cam in any car from nano to bently its depend upon ur need convince n vitamin M
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    to be honest i was not very keen in the cam... cos i had a bad experience with the cam on my friends car so was not very happy with it.. just went with parking sensors which are very useful. Rarely look back during reverse even with parking sensors... u get used to it quite quickly..

BTW u can install a cam on any car as Aniket stated... Its the brand and the how much Vitamin M u r ready to shell out that matters...
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    No Reverse Camera, No Parking Sensor, & no holes in the bumper, I've added nothing of sorts to my Linea...... as I'm quite confident of my abilities of reverse parking :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    1 person likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit, even am confident with my reverse parking.. But its a piece of luxury by not looking at the rare much while u reverse back :)
  6. Which are good brands if one has to go for a reverse camera. Any suggestions.

This is not for me, but for Dad's Optra.
  7. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    :-D :wink: Agreed. Saw this coming while writing above in lighter mood.

I use both side ORVM & RVM for reversing & till date, in 10 years, have not scratched or hit anything while reversing :)

In lighter mood & discussions, I always say that Reverse Parking sensor/ cam is a boon to Ladies & elderlies in reversing their cars :wink:
    (not to offend anyone, I also agree with what Andy mentioned about its utility & convenience)
    1 person likes this.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That is an impressive record. I too use the ORVM and RVM extensively, but can't claim your record. Once I backed my Santro on to an 'invisible' post.
    On a lighter note. I found a Linea with a telltale dent on the left side of rear bumper sharp across a reverse parking sensor. When I asked the owner how he managed it, he said that one sensor was not working :)
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    While we're in lighter mood, this statement made me split into laughing overdose like this -> :lol:
    Can't curb it even now :)
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The brand name RD is a good one...

@ Amit: no worries man.. I know... well even i use the ORVM to the core both while reversing and during my normal drive. its a great assistance to drive.. i used to drive my dad's Innova without parking sensors on it.. Finally when my dad found it difficult got it installed on the INNOVA too.. As i said its not a necessity its for convenience..