1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reverse Camera for Linea

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by antony1405, Apr 9, 2015.

1. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Dear Friends, I'm planning to install reverse camera in my linea.. Which is the best one.. Do I need to go with the fiat dealer for installing Accesories or can I fit it outside? Any suggestions?
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @antony1405 , though not sure about the best one, reverse camera won't be fitted by dealers as those are not genuine accessories authorized by fiat.
    It will void the warranty for sure.
  3. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Hi Pabhishek... I checked with RDC Fiat and they confirmed that they have the different Accesories like reverse camera, reverse sensor, video screen on neck rest(not sure exact name of the product but I have seen in service centers displaying all those products) , GPS unit etc... And they confirmed the warranty in not void since they are the ones installing..
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Even if reverse camera is fitted, where will you see the images? You will need a separate display unit since the HU cannot be used for the same.

Instead of reverse camera, would suggest to go for the reverse sensors which FASS can provide and will have the warranty too.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I have a display of Reverse camera in IRVM internal real view mirror, no need to have separate display in my Linea.
    why fiat is not giving camera, display in IRVM and sensors as standard like Hyundai gives in i20, Verna, Grand, Xcent, Elantra and santa fe.
  6. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    @ghodulur- the reverse camera images can be seen in the IRVM(used as both mirror and cam) They will fit it above the normal mirror..

@dadasaheb - how is the reverse cam which you have installed? And how much does it cost?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Will the IVRM continue to work the same way as it is now? I mean day/night mode, can you still flip the IVRM to night mode?
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    it costed around 8K - 9K in august 2013.
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had also got an after-marker rear view camera fitted. The image projects on to the IVRM. It is quite a neat arrangement. The only observation is that in bright sunlight, the image is quite washed out & is not very clearly visible. I lower light conditions, the image is very clear. It also shows three bars, green, yellow & red. As long as the obstruction is outside the red bar you are OK (with a safety margin).

I had earlier installed the parking sensor - it only provided an audio warning when obstructions came close. Now, I get both visual, and audio indications. It is worth having both. My parking sensor was sourced from Fiat.

Regards
    Johnny
    dadasaheb likes this.
  10. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.. :)