1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Retune Punto 75hp to 90hp

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Rajarshi, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Shyam Sundar Nijgal

Shyam Sundar Nijgal Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I agree to what you say. I took a gamble. Rajiv is not from bangalore, he came on request to bangalore, tuned my car and drove to Pune.

So far, 50k plus kms no issues, also considering I do 8-10k kms per month only during nights. I gained a lot of confidence

If I run into problems with the tuning, I believe the MJD will go to limp mode and still be driveable.
    Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.
  2. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    Hi,
    Can you share the details of Wolfmoto?
  3. Shyam Sundar Nijgal

Shyam Sundar Nijgal Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I've sent you a message
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Whats the main difference in 76 & 90 HP post remap?
    Where does 90HP gain with that VGT? There must be some gains due to additional 15HP + VGT...
    Kindly advice
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The main difference I see is that you will end up with more power in the VGT, though the torque would be similar. From what I know a VGT should react better to a remap at its turbo spooling can be controlled by tikering ECU. Boost pressure of FGT turbo is not controlled by ECU but it can be done for a VGT which should provide better gains.
    rajks likes this.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    So, both remapped. Driving between 10-100kmph...What is the difference in driveability of 76 vs 90hp.
    I suppose its the same as the torque would be similar. But the top end would be good in 90hp.
    For City driving, both would respond similarly i hope. Any differences in gearing for 76 vs 90.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The Evo 75 hp ( not the Pre-Facelift) has a taller first gear when compared to 90 hp. This makes the 75 hp slightly more drive-able in Stock form. But a remapped 90 hp can also have good drive-ability. My remapped 90 hp drives decently in 3rd gear at 1200-1300 rpms.Over 3000 rpms the 90 hp would always be better than 75 hp, period .