1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Retune Punto 75hp to 90hp

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Rajarshi, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Hi Guys,

Is it possible to re tune Fiat Punto 75 hp to 90 hp (FGT to VGT)? Can i get it done from any FIAT dealer? any idea about the cost for this modification?

Thanks...
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No it can't be done, atleast at Fiat dealers.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    It can be easily done at Fiat Dealer, drop you 75 HP and buy a new 90 HP :evilsmile
    Ya if you say it cannot be done at service center, i can agree :) :D
    3 people like this.
  4. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Thanks Ravi for your reply. Without change the FGT to VGT; is it possible to increase the hp (from 75 to 90)?
  5. You can do a ECU remap and make it 76bhp to 92 bhp;however it is not possible to change from FGT to VGT.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3

It can be done in Fiat dealer, I checked the same after 90HP launched. They told almost 2.5 L estimated :eek:.Then I thought if they mesh it I will be no where.

Best Idea:- Go to Fiat dealer, exchange your 75 HP with a new 90HP by investing the above price extra and be happy if you really need 90HP.

To enhance 75 HP to 90 HP you can max increase upto 95HP with remap/RD Box. Check Nimish Anthony's thread( 90 HP to 110 HP)/ Sat Chit Anand's( remapped 75HP) thread for more info.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Technically, just the turbo and the ECU map need to be changed, but as per my understanding, few more internal components are different and that is why they have different engine codes.

90HP really comes out on the freeways, within the city, both are more or less the same.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Best way to go would be a remap. I don't know where you are located. But, you can find remap experts in all big cities. Foget about the option of replacing the FGT with VGT.
  9. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Hi Guys,

Once again; i just wanted to know is DieselTRONIC from Race Dynamics is a good choice for Punto? It has 4 switchable maps with remote control @ price of 20k INR! It offers more features in this price bracket than its closet competitor Pete's Tuning box. Any idea about the performance of this box and the effect on engine for long run?

Thanks to all......
  10. Please stay away from Tuning boxes, I have used Tuning box when i brought my Punto , all it did was to clog my EGR and intake manifold by upto 80%, Later i switched to remap and i am happy after the remap, my car is still have FGT but it is now 93HP.
    PM me if you need details.
    Chandrasekar and wolverine_arnab like this.