1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Retrofitting the Cruise Control feature in pre-2014 Linea.. Is it possible ???

Discussion in 'Technical' started by bsrej, Mar 7, 2014.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for starting the thread

I was not much interested in upgrading the GC kit on my TJet+

But, If Fiat provides an option to upgrade to cruse control option, I would do it.

It is a must for highways. especially for the 500+ drives :)
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I have gone through the Rajan sir's extensive posting on this, but as it will void my warranty (my Jet is just 6 months old) I am looking for options from FIAT. I hope FIAT will provide that as option for old Linea owners at a cost..
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I highly doubt if Fiat will even think about providing this option.

Reasons:
    - I don't think the current FASS is skilled enough to handle the wiring with the ECU's. In this process, they shouldn't screw this up big time.
    - Even if they decide to provide, they can do it only for 1.4 petrols. MJD owners may get irked by this move. ;)

Now, take your call. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Forget CC for the moment, the guys at Ramkay denied downgrading the suspension to lower GC for me and member Auto Freak. They said it is not recommended blah blah, underbody will scrape etc.

I shouted at them, asked them to do just what I say because it is me who is paying and that I can give any damned declaration.

Such is the state of affairs now. :D
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    There is a lot of risk involved in this so no brand will be eager to do it not just fiat..
    Your only option is patchyboy or yourself

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    There is also not enough knowledge right now with the workshop guys as i found out , they have received a lot of requests to integrate many new items on the older models but they simply do not know if it can be done right now or not because they have not had a chance to attempt it owing to not receiving spare parts for the new car. One of the things i will try and get done while the car is at the workshop for bodywork is to see if i can get the new mirrors installed but unlikely because i do not think they will have the parts by then and will also not be aware of the costings and lastly would not have had any time do figure out how to do it.
    2 people like this.
  7. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I think, I need to shelve my idea for time being ...:(
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Need not. Wait until you complete 2 years and then Do It Yourself. We know for sure CC is supported in T-Jet. :)
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Precisely, my idea too. The idea is to get it working with the current ECU, except unless Cruise control needs a particular hardware feature chip etc. within ECU which is not provided there in the older Multijets. The control switch stock thingy of course is needed and can be simpler to get and replace now.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014