1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Retro Clutch a new upgrade

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by lofty2304, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Well First of all time for introductions...i am a proud owner of a (M.Grey)Linea 1.4 petrol 2010(sep) model.i was at the t.a.s.s to get door visors .the fiat consultant informed me of a free clutch upgrade(Retro), presumably like the a.c upgrade.anyhow.. left the car there as i was told it will take all evening.will let u guys know how it goes... do ask ur local t.a.s.s guys about this newbie.cheers!
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Recently, I had the clutch of my Punto replaced under warranty at 32,000 kms. I had been complaining of hard clutch and poor shifting for the last 10K kms and finally I took it up with FIAT in an email. The process was surprisingly smooth and it was all over in a weeks time. FIAT responded instantly and the directions were swift and the follow up by the dealer TAFE REACH ,Chennai was excellent ::T . The new clutch is a dream, the shifts are like a Japanese gearbox and I am enjoying it. Maybe a good deal of changes would have been incorporated in the new clutch kit, though I am not sure if it is the same Retro clutch you have mentioned about.There was a bit of chance that they almost fixed a VISTA clutch into my Punto, but the Service advisor was adamant that he wouldn't let that happen as he guessed it right that I could be tough on him. I have the TFI sticker on my car and I have explained to him about our forum :lol:

3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    The only clutch upgrade I know of is the clutch slave cylinder with steel now.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  4. Yeah fast love.. got the car back ...its a clutch slave cylinder .. but jumu i aint so sure whether i am comfortable with the new clutch or the old one..maybe i gotta get used to it..oh well atleast fiat cares enough to provide these upgrades ..they even upgraded by ecu software(new euro 4 version) .the local mechanic here at faridabad t.a.s.s. was very exited about that.. he told me my car was the first one to get the update..so guys do ask ur fiat dealers..the response in the second gear is much better now.. dunno if it has to do with the ecu..anyway thats what they told me...Cheers!