1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Retrieve contacts from Blue and Me

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by tiaf, Jan 20, 2016.

1. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    I am in a situation where in I had done factory reset on my phone which erased all contacts.

Realized that the contacts info would be present in blue and me.

I did not pair my phone with blue and me as I am afraid that contact information stored in blue and me might be lost.

Now, what is the way by which I can retrieve phone book from blue and me?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I don't think this is possible. While the address book is downloaded and save in B&M's internal memory, I don't believe there is any direct way to access it.
  3. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    As per the blue and me user manual, it says that FIAT ASS can access contacts and call history and hence it is advised to delete user data before giving car for service.
    It does not state how they can access phone book information.

Hence I assume, there should be a way to access phone book information.

Will phone book contacts be displayed if I pair with a different phone ? Or will the phone book be updated with newest pairing?
    Can somebody please try and let me know as I am afraid existing data might get lost?
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If FASS can access it, then they must be having some software for that. Let me check. The existing contacts will not be deleted if you pair a new phone. You can pair up to five different phones and download contacts from all of them. Address book of the phone that is connected is what will be displayed.