1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Retractable Sun Shades

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by saroshmk, Jul 7, 2012.

1. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    The dynamic and emotion variants of the 2012 Linea come with the retractable sun shade for the rear window. I wanted to fit one in my Active. Is this available as an OEM part?

Has anybody fitted one as an after market accessory? Recommendations would help!
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey - I would be Interested toooooo.....
  3. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    Found out the cost of the OEM part from Malik Motors, Hyd. This essentially requires the rear speaker enclosure board to be replaced as the retractable sunshade curtain is built into the board. Costs 11K.

I've dropped the idea. :)

There are 500 rupee alternatives in the Reliance Autoshop -- will need to investigate how well they fit and work. I don't want new rattles in the car!
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The rear curtain on the Linea has snapped off.

I opened the rear window at 80-90kmph and all i could see in the rear view mirror was the curtain flapping around madly. ::O . Upon reaching i found that the curtain had completely severed off from the roller in the "speaker" tray.

If 11K is the replacement cost, i'll see if i can make up some jugaad and refit the detached curtain. 11K is just outrageous though.
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    In your case, you just need the curtain replaced so it shouldn't be anywhere close to 11k. 11k is quoted for the entire board to be replaced with a new one from the higher models (which is still outrageous).
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Can anyone tell the part number of the sun shade? The shade on our car was put on by mistake when the car was standing for a month and now it doesn't come down. Showed it to Joshi Autozone, Chandigarh during the second service this April. They promised to order it but the part still hasn't arrived.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Jugaad is the way to go if the cost 11K.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
  9. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys, any idea how the rear retractable sunshades can be repair? Mine one just got removed from its handle and has rolled in completely inside the rear parcel tray. So basically the handle and the clothes/curtain are separate now. Was not able to find any screws or nut for the same from top. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I stiched the cloth back to the handle... and it is perfect now