1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Restoring the Immortal GTX

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Italia-Linea, Dec 3, 2014.

1. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Looking fabulous man..
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Palio never before got me attracted so much!! Awesome!
    What was your mom's reaction when she came out with the pooja thali? :)
    Italia-Linea likes this.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Tatya....

As you already know... Change the registration number plate changed ASAP.
    Your ride is looking awesome, it is a stunner...

Cheers...

Neel
    rishike007, Italia-Linea and mchanna like this.
  4. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Only word that comes to mind after looking this GTX is ..." hot & Sexy..:)" , change the number plates soon Amit
    Italia-Linea likes this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Change the number plate soon
    Italia-Linea likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Thanks guys !!

Costing: The whole break up is not yet sorted out. Actually it was not just exterior repaint. The whole car was stripped down. The engine was removed, all the wiring harness was taken out and the interiors were also stripped open. The cowl panel is brand new too.
    So with all this work done the cost increased. This is not a 2k paint. This is the latest water based paint technology which has better finish, but is atleast 15-20% more costlier than the usual paints.

But at the end the money is well spent as this car is brand new now and will last for decades.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Naughty likes this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    LOL, no the numberplate is a strict no. The real classic is on the inside. The car has the original headunit i.e the cassette player :)
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Italia-Linea , eagerly awaiting the interior pics! Just cannon wait! Fiat would be dumbstruck if they see this beauty; they might wonder were they the original creator of this master piece!!
    kedarbendre likes this.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    @ghodlur: Such restorations are lot more worth than the actual money spent. They give you the sense of Satisfaction. I am sure Italia_Linea had spent a huge amount and would not even look back at the figure, given the way the car looks. Expenses are going to increase once he finishes the interior as planned.

I closely followed the restoration and sure that other car owners visiting Pandit would have got confused with Italia_Linea as one of Pandit's employees. He just lived his dream of restoring it.

It is not just the looks but the way his GTX drives, it brings a broad smile on the face. I am yet to touch the 3 digit speed figure on his GTX :)

One liner "Shit Green to Sexy Red, oops Matt Grey ;)"

Think something about the spoiler, it just spoils the look with that red color.