1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Restoring the Immortal GTX

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Italia-Linea, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The Judgement Day:

A friend of mine Amit Gaud, who owns Ground Designs and has an artistic brain came to the rescue. He approved the Grey shade and recommended 50/50 or 60/40 max matte : clear ratio. He also recommended to add more coarser metal particles to the paint. After trying his recommendation the shade matched perfectly to the idea I had.
    Pandit was courteous enough to repaint the whole body structure as the outcome was not to my satisfaction. It was a kind of learning for all of us. After the repaint suddenly the dull body started looking very lively.
    The spoiler and the mirrors are painted in Deep Gloss, bright red color. They gel well with the matte grey paint combo.
    While all this was going on I got a s10 spoiler fabricated for myself. I somehow love the s10 spoiler and it changes the way the palio looks.
    We decided to let go the body strips and also paint the bumper strips in body color itself. This way the odd palio shape is hidden and suddenly the palio starts looking like a different car.
    The alloys are painted in Carbon Black dull gloss paint. I dint want to go for flashy red alloys so we decided to stick to Black shade itself with red drums and calipers.

IMG_20141202_131935.jpg

IMG_20141202_131942.jpg

The underbody is coated with the same 3M bondo for future protection and damping purposes

IMG_20141128_131911.jpg
  2. Italia-Linea

Pune
    The next but obvious mod was the smoking of the tail lamps. Without those all the previous efforts would have been half left

IMG_20141202_113458.jpg

IMG_20141202_131957.jpg

IMG_20141202_132005.jpg

The proud painter who worked very hard on my car.
    The man behind him in white is Rahul Jadhav the Workshop manager and the messiah of all the TFI pune members. He is very customer centric and goes out of the bounds to help customers

IMG_20141203_174503.jpg

IMG_20141203_180523.jpg

IMG_20141203_180551.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Special Credits:
    Mahesh Kulkarni – Pandit Automotive (Body Shop Head)
    Rahul Jadhav – Pandit Automotive (Workshop Head)
    Maula – Bodyshop Contractors
    Dupont Engineers
    Amit Gaud – Owner of Ground Designs
    TFI Members
    All the mechanics that have worked with full efforts on my car.

After Maths:
    Admiration Guaranteed - Since 2 days dozens of people have asked me which car is this and not even a single person can walk away without giving another look to the car.
    People come close and stare at the car on the signals too. But i am quite nervous and fear about someone scrapping my possession.

What Next?

I know all will suggest me to get new license plates.
    Few mechanical upgrades.
    New interiors - ohh yes, i forgot to mention/post the pics of the changes done to the interiors. The interiors are painted in Piano Black finish like the ones on new Evo/ Linea. Will get matching seats done in Black and Red
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is one hell of a kickass resto man... artistically done, just like teky's GTX.. now two of the best looking GTXs are here !!
    waiting for some proper photoshoot pics of the daemon !!
    Italia-Linea likes this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Very well done restoration.
    Why wouldn't the painter spot a smile of pride?
    Italia-Linea likes this.
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    WOW!!! Very well restored & I appreciate the efforts put in restoring.
    Now would like to see the previous owners reaction. Did he buy the TJET? :)

Kiran
    Italia-Linea and mchanna like this.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    A true legendary car deserves a perfect treatment from a perfectionist fanboy!!

Hope it roars loud and long very long!!!!
    Naughty and Italia-Linea like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Italia-Linea

What a passionate writing and what a fantastic restoration of the beast. The new gangsta look for the car suits it so much better. Hats off to you Amit for taking the car to an altogether new look. Must see this car in person if permitted. Can you show a pic with before and after restoration? Might want to use that as an wallpaper.

After the steal deal, whats the total hole in the pocket? I am sure its worth it. How's the HU sounding before and now? One suggestion from my side would be to get the rims painted in red if thats acceptable.
    Italia-Linea likes this.
  9. nileshrmusale

nileshrmusale Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Passion for cars nurtured very well !!!
    Good work Amit..
    Admiration all her way...
    Italia-Linea likes this.
  10. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great work friend....
    Nice paint job done... Can i request you to tell us how much costing did Pandit made for the painting of exterior body.