1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resolved: - Punto making noise when truned left

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Re: Punto making noise when truned left

I seem to hear crunching noise from front suspension occasionally. This usually happens over some steep speed brakers. The SA at Concorde Motors, Mysore road, tried to reproduce this sound and it didn't occur. This was a while ago. It happens only some times. I don't know if it's similar to your car's problem.

Also the noise when the steering is turned happens when the car is on a incline(right and left tires are at different levels) at very slow speeds.

Any updates on your issue ?.
  2. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

Fiat body shop person is visiting from Pune this Wednesday, If you getting the crunching noise in back try reproducing it on any inline like ramp or some of the Bangalore's infamous speed breakers, and take the TASS SA there and show him the issue.

Just got a call from CR manager that my alternate car is ready to be picked up,asking me to leave the car today it self.
    -Sat
  3. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

Folks,

I got Linea Emotion pack as alternate car, enjoying ride on VGT engined Linea,Fiat folks are have come taken car for test drive.

-Sat
  4. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

Folks problem has been resolved by FIAT bodyshop person from pune,issue was a body part and wheel arch used rub each other also knock, as per design there should have been a 3.3 mm gap but due to fault in the angle 98 degree's instead of 90 degree creating issue.
    FIAT folks added a bitumin pad to resolve the issue, they said this issues has been solved in 2011 Cars.

Certainly this was way beyond the capabilities of the TASS folks.

-Sat
    1 person likes this.
  5. keshav

keshav

Bangalore

Good to see FIAT's response. Replacement car and now the problem is also solved.

I had given my car to diagnose these issues, as well as few other minor niggles. They thought the engine guard plate was bent and corrected it. But, looks like the problem is not yet solved, i still get the sound while turning the steering on inclines. I couldn't show them the problem during my visit to the service center, even on ugliest speed brakers :(.
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Nice to see your problem solved.

Guys - suggest that the thread subject be immediately changed when problem is solved to satisfaction.

The thread starter should take that initiative.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

Yes I agree with you,mods can you please change subject to "Solved knocking noise when making left turn"
    -Sat
  8. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

Yes, Fiat's response was top class,may be you should take note of the place where you get the noise for sure and take the SA along with you there.

-Sat
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    sat,
    can you some pics of the problem area in the Punto which was fixed by the body shop man. Will be helpful for others also to check the same
  10. I don't have the picture of the part but FIAT person had hard copy of power point presentation he prepared to show it to me.
    it's part that sits in between wheel arch and the main body.

-Sat