1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resolved: - Punto making noise when truned left

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 22, 2010.

1. I have strange problem with my Punto, when ever I make left turn on to ramp(I.E like entering parking area which is on your left with small ramp) , I get a metal crunching sound from left rear wheel side(that's what I think)(some thing ver similar to sound heard while breaking in slow speeds) , and my left door has about 4 Mm play after closure , which creates tuk tuk noise during the same time.

I showed it to Tata-fiat they lubricate the boot support rods, but did not solve the issue.

Has any one faced such issue?could it be rear anti roll bar?

2. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Re: Punto making noise when truned left

Sorry for abbre.your name is little bit long

I have also this noise. Dealer says this is Seat noise.
    take trial by folding seat.I have not tried but tried by loosning rear seat from its
    I think it works. I have also heard this noise in another punto also

Punto does not have Anti-roll bar at rear.
    Fiat had mentioned by mistake. Now they rectified on website also.
    I came to know when I spoke to Mr.Narendra Sharma (Production Manager-Punto)
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

If u have installed a different mudflap then am sure thats the culprit... I faced this issue but post replacing the flaps its fine... The flaps used to hit on the breakers whenever i used to drive by...

Also check the mountings for the front studs as this is a common issue which most of us had faced which led to a mounting replacement on the front suspension studs...
  4. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

I still have this issue, now when ever I take left or right turn ,i get this tuk tuk noise, it's more prominent on the left turn although it's there in right turn a little bit.

I observed a rattle noise similar from inside of left Cpiller plastic mounting, when I sat in the rear set while my friend was driving.

5. carOmania

Faced the same issue couple of months back, culprits were Link rods.

My car demanded left one only, but replaced both left and right as it was FOC.

Suggest you to do the same.
  6. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

Link rod is front right ? I am getting this tuk tuk noise from back some where from inside C Piller.
  7. NAREN64

If it the front end where the sound comes from then I had the same problem, the spares replaced are as follows.

1) Part No. 0059064033 - Elastic Pad - 1 No. - Rs. 2,457.78 - Replaced under Warranty
    2) Part No. 0059064034 - Elastic Pad - 1 No. - Rs. 2,457.78 - Replaced under Warranty
    3) Part No. 325030 - Front Strut - 2 Nos. - No Price mentioned - Replaced under Warranty

After replacement absolutely no sound.
  8. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

I get the same kind of noise when i steer right. Seems like some metals are rubbing with each other constantly. When i speed up noise goes away and is there only when i am driving @ 10 km/h. Any suggestions as what needs to be done. I have got the wheel alignment and balancing done. Please HELP :confused
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Front Suspension Mounts are worn out. Replace it.
  10. Re: Punto making noise when truned left

I have left the car at TASS mysore road , they have escalated this to FIAT engineering team, as they couldn't not find out what is the cause.
    I have also informed them to look at high engine noise after 3K RPM and tinny noise coming from engine at ~3.5K RPM.