1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resolved - Brake issue in my 2012 Punto

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by dhans4all, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    That was pretty much in line with my prediction, wasnt it ? !!

Abdul
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Yes abdul it is inline with prediction,

I have got below email from Tafe and I was assured that vehicle will be ready soon. as per mr. Cruze they are fully loaded as many technitians are on leave due to pongal holidays hence he requested me to wait for his confirmation by tomorrow.

the email :
  3. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    can any expert comment whether its might be a brake booster issue or something with vaccum pump or master cylinder ?

the pedal goes hard after 2 to 3 pumps and come back normal after few seconds like 5 to 10. I have informed my doubt of vacuum pump and vacuum line leakages also but the reply was mainly mater cylinder or booster as brake is hard compared to other vehicles.

I'll update the details later
  4. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all

Today I have got my car back from Tafe and the brake issue has been rectified. I just found that braking is totally different now and its inspiring.

As I have expressed during my vehicle delivery the brakes were little spongy and now its just like any other Punto. Brakes were precise, driven in the Chennai OMR’s peak hour traffic and never found the brake hardness.

I was told that brake booster and vacuum hose has been replaced and the issue with vacuum hose but they were suspecting the brake booster also hence it also changed.

However my service experience with Tafe is not up to the mark and its average, even though I have already told them to take necessary time and intimate me about the delivery I was never contacted and I had to follow up with Cruze daily about the progress. I felt very bad to disturb him during his work time and ask for the progress and I expressed my concerns.

The car seats were totally dirty and with stains on the passenger side. I just inform Mr.Cruze and taken my car as I don’t want to wait till they clean it.

The steering wobble is not addressed and I was told tyre rotation is been done for the wobble issue. Requested me to check and come back if the issue persists.

I cannot resist comparing the experience I have got from True Sai , salem during my first servie. While i was taking delivery the Service advisor sakthivel has found some stains in the seat and immediately requested me to wait for 5 minutes and he has cleaned it. Not to forget that he tried me to wait for some more time so that he can able to check for the wheel wobble (alignment & balancing) which I cant able to do as it was already getting late.

I don’t want to make this as an issue hence I took my car back and I have given a honest feedback email to CRM, appreciation email has been sent to service mail id of Fiat for their help.

Finally I have got my Punto back and decided to clean the interiors today and exteriors on Friday evening.

I would like to thank everyone here who supported me with their suggestions and alternate options and this forum made me feel not to worry when you have a fiat. Thank you all.

P.S: Met our TFI member Sivasankaran who came to give his linea for 3rd service and clutch Issue repair. I just asked him to join me and before dropped him in guindy bus stop we had a nice lengthy discussion .

Mods please close this thread.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for sharing the resolution, its closed now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.