1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resolved - Brake issue in my 2012 Punto

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by dhans4all, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Friends I just gave my car to Tafe reach and after the initial check by SA Cruze and discussion with his higher up(may be tenzing) the comment was break booster might be the issue. I will be intimated about exact
    reason by this evening. Now the issue is they are not keeping the parts in stock and I may need to wait for the parts if its not available. Just keeping my fingers crossed. Anyhow I have to manage coming days without a car :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Seriously followed dyour words and sometimes I just dont think in different ways. May be I am still in a Palio days
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Update:

I have just called the SA Mr.Cruze and I have been told that brake booster is the faulty and they need to change the brake booser along with master cylinder.

As expected the parts are not available and I was told that they will place the order tomorrow and expecting Minimum 15 days to get it delivered.

I have shooted a mail to Mr.Mangesh and now I need to keep my fingers crossed till parts reach the dealer (Tafe Reach).
  3. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Update:
    Hi all

I have got a below email from service email id of Fiat, lets hope they will resolve the issue at the earliest.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Request Cruze to check with other service centres. One of them might have a part each and problem can be resolved faster

Abdul
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know that you have an update from Fiat. Since they are involved now, your issue shall be sorted out amicably. Dont worry. Wish you get your car roaring soon
  6. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I have asked my cousin to check with concorde spare parts team. my cousing worked with concorde now working with some other dealer situated next to concorde. he will update around 2 PM about the availability.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks, Even I sent a reply mail statingmy travel plan next week end and I have got a prompt reply in two minutes saying that my issue has been informed to regional team and will be closed on priority.

hoping for the best.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Since this will be a replacement under warranty, you will have to replace it from the service center that has the part. Service centers dont share the part unless they belong to the same management. When my Punto's master cylinder failed, Concorde bangalore got it from Concorde chennai, and not from Aadya, who had the spare in stock.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It all depends on the relationship and how each other had saved one another in times of need. Also disposing of stock and money realization is paramount for the service centres. It also helps them in not having every part in stock. In your case, it may be an unwritten rule of concorde to source first from within the organization if possible. TAFE got my brake booster from Concorde !!

Sometimes the SA will buy time by quoting the ordering process, but will work on these arrangements and surprise the customer to gain some brownie points.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  9. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I do understand but incase if concorde has the parts then we can try for the alternate arrangements/options.

Just checked with Cruze and he is sure that its brake booster & master cylinder. Order placed to Fiat ( i beleive they did this morning) he will update the status as soon as any progress made.

I am planning to visit them tomorrow just to know the progress and get the order number (if possible). I dont wish to keep on following up with them. lets see how it goes.
    1 person likes this.
  10. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Another Update:
    I have got a call from Mr.Cruze and the good news they have sourced the brake Booster and parts are ready however he shallupdate the status and delivery commitment by tomorrow. I do understand that this is pongal holiday and many not resumed office hence agreed to wait for a day or two.

to be frank I never expected this speedy action from Dealer & Fiat. will keep you all posted about the progress
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.