1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resale Value

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Viny, Dec 3, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, Unless someone is really desparate to "dispose " the car.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True.

But, who told Honda has good resale value, now? 2/3 year old Civics are available at the price less than OTR price of Punto MJD. City's resale has also hit bad because of the Diesel preference.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My BIL was saying the same about Civic in Chennai. I never believed it that time.
  4. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    I have been thinking of selling my 2012 Punto MJD Active and I am not sure what would be the right price to quote, below are the details

Model- Sep 2012 Punto MJD Active BNW
    ODO reading - 47,000
    Owners- 1
    Condition- Not a single scratch
    Modifications-
    OEM 15inch Alloys with 195/60 Goodyear Eagle F1's changed at 20k kms
    ICE- After-market which will be changed to stock during sale
    Projector fog lamps
    Body Coloured ORVM's and door handles

Could someone help me with a ball park figure?
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    resale.jpg

Source: Team-BHP.

resale2.jpg

Source: CarWale.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Thank you Ravi Sir, From the snap shots it shows a huge difference between TBHP and Carwale, I paid 6.85 lakh on road when I picked up the car, so would 5 lakh be an optimistic quote given the car is in excellent condition?
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^5lac will be way over optimistic. The markets are ruthless Roadking, you could put advertisements and depending on you urgency expect the best possible sale price. Once in a while a customer will buy at your expected price but it will be sheer luck or sale might never happen, in which case you might need to find local going rates from dealers. Better contact maximum car dealers and evaluate and quote your expected price. Some honest dealer might fetch you a better than good market value at lesser commission.

To my knowledge even Teambhp prices are over-optimistic for an Active variant Punto. The alloys will help in sale, but no pays premium for them OEM ones. Unless Alloys themselves cost like 1.5 lacs like I saw on a Skoda Fabia once on sale.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Lol, have you not heard of resale value of FIAT's. To give you an idea, a fully loaded Emotion Pk 2011 which did only about 50K kms was sold for 3.8L. Figure out what price you'll get to hear shortly based on these numbers.
  9. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    I understand its very optimistic to quote 5 lakh, I am just trying to get the right number.. if I do a 30% depreciation then my quote should be around 4.75 lk which is not bad but wondering what it would fetch in reality. Dealer visits are a good option to gauge I guess

@vj v1 yes my friend I am aware of the low resale for Fiats, the market rates are specific to region as well, for example the Palio MJD for sale in the classifieds would be bought eyes closed if it were to be sold at the same price in Bangalore when compared to Pune.. As I have now started to check for local rates I will probably get to know in a weeks time on what a good number could be..
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is a depreciation for banking and accounting and then there is real depreciation as per market price which is close to 40-50% depending on brand or model for the first year itself, also factor in mileage. Do one thing, surf OLX and see the most optimistic prices quoted. If you are not in hurry to make sale, make a mental note of the reserved price for the vehicle. For eg.: you might want to think if vehicle value is below 4.5 i'd rather not sell it and use it another 3-4 years and take my chances. Or you could be aggressively and pro-actively finding customers, not just waiting for sale to happen and close the deal at a more realistic market price, for eg.: something about +- 10-20% of Teambhp prices. But since your car condition is good you can be aggressive in negotiating. Try at higher prices as you wish and fall back to lower prices as you get offers.

Hint : You should be looking way south of 4lac rupees figure, in today's market conditions. Like I said before if you get some magical figure customer, it would be nothing short of good luck or miracle.
    2 people like this.