1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resale Value

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Viny, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hi,

We all know resale value plays an important role. I would like to know your views on following pointers

1. Market Resale Value (in reality)
    2009 Linea 1.4 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2009 Linea 1.3 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2009 Punto (variants)

2010 Linea 1.4 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2010 Linea 1.3 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2010 Punto (variants)
    ... so on

2. Expected Resale Value (in reality)
    2009 Linea 1.4 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2009 Linea 1.3 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2009 Punto (variants)

2010 Linea 1.4 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2010 Linea 1.3 (Emotion/Dynamic/Active)
    2010 Punto (variants)
    ... so on..

Additionally those who have parted with car or those who have bought second hand car, can you share your details here with dates, model, price.

2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I was offered 4 Lakhs for my 2010 Dec Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Active variant run around 29000 kms, by the Fiat Showroom. The On road price I paid in 2010 was 6 Lakhs.

I almost closed a deal for 4.4 Lakhs to a friend of my ex-colleuge for the same 2 weeks back. I later changed my mind and now I am planning to keep it for another 3 years atelast. Or am I a thinking so?
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Dealers keep saying that resale of petrol, that too FIAT, is very difficult. I have been tracking Carwale listings of Punto in Bangalore for the last 3-4 months. At one point, there were some three or four 1.4s and at least two 1.2s listed. And several 1.3s.
    Most of these were posted by dealers. When I checked today, there is just one 1.4 listed and no 1.3s.

Would anyone believe that dealers would sell at a lesser price?
    1 person likes this.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Bought a Linea done 15000kms just 1 year old for 6.25 lacs for a friend :)
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    I bought a Petrol Linea EPK Aug. 2009 registered for 4.25L in July this year.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had thought of selling my punto in 2011. I was offered 4.5 L in April 2011. It's July 2009 make and the OTR was 6.06 L. Last minute I had a chage of mind and decided not to sell. The buyer was so impressed that he was trying his best to convince me to sell.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks, thats good to see so many quick inputs, it will not only allow the buyer to guage a right value, as well as sellers would not be conked off by dealers.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I really doubt the Phrase that Fiat have low resale value. It was true with Palio 1.6 which is more due to misconception that it drinks petrol. I have seen people getting decent figures in Palio. But is it possible to get a Punto or Linea in a throw away price? It may not have the resale value of Honda but it definitely have a good resale value. Is it possible to get a new generation used Fiat without sweating?
    2 people like this.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    saw a march 2010 punto MJD active for a friend recently . wasnt very well maintained with around 55k kms on the odo and worn our tires .. He was asking close to 4L, but should have gone for 3.75L later !!
  10. The price is simply too much, somewhr around 3.4 is a good price, considering the high odo reading, not properly maintained, and worn out tyres...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2