1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resale Value

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sivaram0543, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Sivaram0543

Sivaram0543 Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have a 2014 Fiat Linea Advanced Multijet Emotion model and I clocked 61000kms. What is the good price I can quote if I want to sell it.

2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Max you can get is between 6L to 6.5L if sold to an individual. If sold to a dealer expect 25-50k less.

For more permutations and combinations try this.
    http://orangebookvalue.com/

3. Alone

Alone Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I sold my Punto 1.3 Active 4.5 years old 31 K KM for 2.8 L to Cars24 last week. :(

4. Sivaram0543

Sivaram0543 Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the information. I got a offer of 5.8 lakhs but my car is in very good condition.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2017 ---
    That is problem with Fiat. I got my Linea for 10.6 lakhs but people are asking it for less than half of its price within 2.5 years

5. Alone

Alone Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why you want sell Linea?

6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

The problem is not with FIAT but with the "people" ' s perceptions of not only FIAT (negatively) but esp of Maruti and Hyundai and Toyota (hyper-positively.)

BUT there is a feedback loop in india that makes new buyers percieve it as 'a problem with FIAT' itself (or VW or Skoda or Ford or Chevy or Nissan maybe even of Tata.)

i.e., market signals i.e., price signals are distorted, they mis-code all available information about cars, car brands and firms etc. These signals are recursive: the market keeps reproducing these information/price-codong signal-errors over time, and with ever newer rounds of buys, of buyers.

Abhi6729 likes this.
  7. Abhi6729

Abhi6729 Novizio

BANGALORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do own an ACTIVE PUNTO diesel 2011 model. Clocked 112500 kms. Still runs smooth as it can be. Mileage is still 20 kms in city & gives around 23 kms on highway. But just inquired with a car dealer, he just offered 2.5 lacs.:banghead:. Trust me, the car is worth way more than that.... When you own a FIAT, you gotta forget RESALE value due the perceptions by ppl as pointed out by @prabhjot

prabhjot likes this.