1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resale Value of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Oct 13, 2010.

1. vks

vks

Bangalore
    My friend in Coimbatore was told by a leading used car dealer "no sir, no Punto. it is very difficult to get"..
    :)
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

"no sir, no Punto. it is very difficult to get"..

in europe and western countries people keep their cars for 10 years or more . that could be reason why they are built tough and long lasting. unlike maruthi and honda which are like aluminium boxes.
    fiat cars are well built and lasting so there exist very less potential buyer anywhere,moreover cheap cars are overflowing in market so why opt for expensive second hand ones?
    palio gtx and such cars are still in demand with excellent resale value.
    we dont sell our homes often so why cars and buy next launching ones ASAP.
    i wont be selling my punto for coming many years expecting it be trouble free. though i sold off my indica vista within one year because of rattles and not so great feel.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was thinking to keep my car for another 2 yrs by then it would have run 1lac. But you made me rethink, why should I, if I have a trouble free Punto even then.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Pran, 1 lakh is no issues for a car like Punto.

Even the old Palio D went 3 lakh km's before it's engine got tired.
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i think Honda's have gud build quality after FIAT .. or you may be was mentioning maruti nad hyundai ...
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    (reference to new honda city) honda does not rattle -true. fit and fixing is good but they are built lightest possible . check the body panels and overall build of car. they probably do it get better mileage and speed (read as efficiency) but owners end up with dented body. they cannot handle little bit of extra abuse suspensions give up very quick.i dont know yet how worse it will get in long run.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hey gurinder what did you do with your palio then? did you refurbish it or sold it? my FIRE uno has done over 2l kms but still looks good, fingers crossed.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    generally whose engine could be better ?

volkswagen,toyota or fiat? for long life and lesser maintenance expenses.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Depends on which category you're looking at and which engine.

For e.g. in the so called "SUV" category , i'd blindly pick Innova's diesel engine as the best in that segment.