1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resale Value of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Oct 13, 2010.

1. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    Dealers make all kind of stories to get maximum value out of your car.
    I wanted to sale my Wagon R and Maruti True Value people told me around 1.80 lakh where as they were selling same model car for 2.60 lakh, if Maruti True Value people can earn so much for Wagon R then you can think of how much they keep their margin in Sedans of 7 to 10 Lakhs, so dealer will always give you 20% less than real market price.
  2. I really don't care about resale value of my Linea as I will not sell it when i go for my next car as it's the first car i bought with my own money and holds a lot of sentimental value.To tell you guys the truth i forget all my worries when i sit on drivers seat and that meaty steering is in my hands it's exhilarating experience. :wow
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Its misleading. Its Business. The margin between the actual resale price & the lower exchange price given to seller is the profit for dealer & a huge one at that.

Recently, someone on the forum has bought a Linea MJD Emotion Pack in Mumbai (4000 kms on ODO). He got it at Rs. 7.50 lacs on-road. I think when the car was originally purchased by 1st buyer, price was around Rs. 9.50 Lacs. Thats comes to only 20%-21% depreciation in price.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Dealers are the ones responsible for the low resale value of FIATs. They always try to get the car at the lowest possible value and sell it with at least 50k margin. An individual buyer was interested in buying my 2 years old 1.4 for 4.6L. As I dont plan to sell it, he said "if you ever plan to sell it do remember me".
    What I mean to say is individual buyers are ready to pay resonable amount, but dealers are not. End result: perceived low resale of FIATs.
    What we can do as a community: If at all someone wants sell his car, never sell to dealers, always try to get individual buyers.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    by dealers you mean tata dealers ..huh lol . indica vs linea!!
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Dealers in Bangalore say "Except Honda no cars have resale value"..But when you go to sell a HONDA, they say no one is buyong a petrol car! :A

I suggest that please keep the car atleast for 5 years or so!

Regards,
    Jishnu
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is a big lie that dealers tell to get the car at a lesser price. A lot of people still prefer petrol cars inspite of the rising petrol prices. Avarage car buyer is yet to become diesel-car friendly. The so called "high maintenance cost of diesel car" fear still lurks around though we have highly refined and technologically advanced diesel engines these days.

What I am saying is: Petrol car still sells pretty well.
  8. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    It will be interesting to see what would happen to resale prices of a Diesel car as and when the government deregulates Diesel prices in India. One of the things that Pranab Mukherjee has on his plate and he mentioned that in one of his interviews.
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Also heard that the Government is contemplating a massive tax hike for diesel cars if the fuel is not decontrolled as planned. Adding more fuel to fire read an article (think Economic Times) which stated that even insurance companies are likely to hike premiums for diesel cars considering the fact that they are loved by people who lead lives on the road and in their cars.:(
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMO True Value outlets are more loyal than TATA Assured Car outlet.

I enquired about valuation of my MJD Active Aug.2009 47000 KM ODO.

TATA says Rs.3.15 lakhs. I am going to visit now True Value. Let's see what happens.