1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Resale Value of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bnzjon, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Friends, what will be resale value of our Linea and Punto in the market today ?

Happened to be at Tata Motors Used Car Division in Chennai.
    The Linea Petrol Emotion June 2009 which had run 9000 kms was exchanged for Rs. 450,000 !!!! :A
    The current On-road price of Linea Emotion petrol is Rs. 840,000.

54% depreciated value in just one year.

I was shocked :firey

The representative said that there are no takers for Petrol car and that too a second had FIAT.
    He further said that none of the used car dealers will be willing to take a FIAT car as there are no takers.
    The said Linea was exchanged for Tata Aria.

Was wondering what would be the resale value of our cars. Please post your comments.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am a little surprised but not taken aback.

You get less than a year old, low run Honda Civics and Honda City's at throw away prices (read more than 40% depreciation)

I think the seller could have easily got 550,000 - 600,000 for such a low mileage car. This is exactly where buying a top end makes sense. Airbags, ABS etc always add a lot to the resale value.

Besides : now with the launch of the T-Jet, re sale of normal 1.4 is going to fall further.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    +1
    I feel the seller could have easily got another lakh or so, but nothing more. A petrol will definitely depreciate faster.
  4. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    I guess with cars like FIAT/FORD its prudent to keep them for longer period than sell them within an year of purchase. At least you get the satisfaction of having driven something worthwhile for a considerable period than suffering the loss of not experiencing the car as well as monetary loss.
  5. You always get less price when exchanging a car for another one.He would have got more than that if he had sold it directly. Also a 2009 Linea Emo Pk would have been bought for a lot less price then current Emo Pk.FIAT increased price 3-4 times after launch i think.
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Bnzjon, you raised a very touchy subject. I wont even want to know the depreciation of 15mo/29000 Punto Emo pack mjd.

this is no maruti, sir.our cars are lot of fun with little residual value. resale would better be not thought about.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    The funny thing is that the ARIA he is buying after exchanging LINEA will depreciate even faster,would fetch him some 6 lakh rupees next year!,down 60%(cars above 15 lakh Rupees,in the premium segment depreciate very fast)
    Iam not at all concerned about the resale value of my Linea,because I love my car and even if some one gives me the cost price Iam not ready to part ways with my car.
    Cars like Sonata,Tuscon,Teanna,Fabia,getz,fusion and Ikon deperciate even faster than FIAT cars,so let's have peace of mind
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    And did i forget to tell you that I already have a buyer(an uncle)waiting to buy my LINEA?!,he has reserved well in advance(within 3 months of purchase),but he will have to wait til 2015!,so,don't worry there are people waiting to buy these beauties
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Well-said, Bala. I too feel exactly the same way. I will not part with my fair Linea for another 5 years or so.
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess the seller could have got more.. Infact around 6 with ease for the low run on the car.. No doubt FIat resale value is not that good but a good conditioned car should fetch you a good price always.