1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Require you all esteem members guidance

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nel signore, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Nel,
    Good to see a new DDN TFI member. I assure you no other car on Indian road at this price will give you so much driving confidence & pleasure as Punto or Linea. I own T-jet+, purchased last year from Oberoi motors. There is on Mr Sanjay looking FIAT cars, he is a nice helping person. Tell him you are a member of TFI & how this forum helped you in selecting your car purchase.
    About new exclusive FIAT showroom in DDN, he told me that he is not sure at that time about Oberoi opening it but definately there will be a FIAT 3S facility in DDN sometime soon, can't say how soon. I thing I'd like to bring in notice of DDN TFI members here that I observed at Oberoi motors that they removed FIAT logo & banners sometime back from their showroom but last month they put it back again. Can't say what does it mean, I hope some good news for us.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The good part of owning a FIAT car is you also get into a new league & as a freebies lots of like minded TFI friends. So go ahead book your Punto & you will always admire your decision of buying it.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Did you ask Mr. Sanjay about it? What could it mean?
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Already the TFI Dehradoon members have stepped in for support of nel. Though i dint mean to speculate and if at all my post led to any speculation it has been put rest by other TFI'ans:) prob solved

You are fully into the Punto. once you speak with Local dealers and get their assurance, i guess you should go ahead and buy. Also positive aspect is there are many TFi'ans who took the jump even without much support network from Fiat and only solace being TASS... I own 2 of the fiats for which i have no regrets ;) .. Things will only get better from now on with FIAT exclusive 3S centres and I you already have good support from Dehradun members...

Since you are taking a calculated risk, everything should be fine :).. All the best and do post your buying and ownership experience.
    2 people like this.
  4. d_d

d_d

Dehradun
    Yes I talked to Mr Rajkumar G Manager at IS motors Roorkee, He assured me that he will continue to service Fiat even after March till a new fiat dealership comes up.

They can not and will not let their customers down. I bought my Linea from them and they extend all their help and courtesy to me. Personally I am least worried on this front. I know it is either IS Motors or some one else deputed by Fiat, who will look after my car. I think I have pm you Mr Rajkumar's phone no and you can talk to him yourself. Who knows you may land on a surprise discount too :)
    dd
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. nel signore

nel signore

dehradun
    Respected Members,

I am really overwhelmed by your gesture and finally i am getting some confidence more so now that i have got support from my fellow DDN members. Thank you all.

Now my 2nd question is which model i should go for DYNAMIC OR EMOTION. There are basically 4 something differences between the two i.e. airbags, blue & me, alloy wheels and ACC. There is a difference of almost Rs. 70,000/= btw the two.\
    ACC--- I can do without it
    Blue & Me-- Again i can do without it
    AIRBAG--- Are these must for complete safety purpose or the ABS and vault like built quality will solve the safety question.
    ALLOY WHEEL--- can i fix them from market as i think they are much cheaper there than to buy it from FIAT.
    Music system--- can we add USB and AUX to DYNAMIC model.

Please suggest on these.

Regards
    1 person likes this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Here is my response to your queries.

Airbags do provide better safety, but if they are deployed when the driver is not wearing seatbelts, they cause more harm than good.
    Study: Airbag Use Without Seatbelt Increases Injury Risk -- Occupational Health & Safety

Yes, you can go for aftermarket alloys, but, if possible, get 98 PCD ones.
    Go through this thread: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/2051-search-perfection-after-market-alloy-wheels.html

You will have to change the head unit to get USB and Aux.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    According to priority( Personal view)
    Though you get a tank like built quality with the punto, I would recommend going for the Airbag version. If you can extend the budget you should not let go of Airbag as Safety should be you primary concern.

It is quite a convenient option to have.
    Adding extra USB is usually done using FM Transmitter which has an avg sound quality. Blue & Me comes with USB slot and with all its functionality it is worth all the money you pay extra.

You can always do that but FIAT's wheels are 98 PCD which makes them quite difficult to source. Not that you can't get them but you need search for them.

If you opt for Airbag than with the emotion you get all those extra bits and everything is worth the money you pay for.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My honest suggestion would be to go for Punto 90HP if your budget permits, else go for Punto Emotion. No second thoughts about it. If you cannot stretch your budget now for atleast Punto Emotion, wait until you can. Period.
    1 person likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was in the same dilemma during June 2012 when I bought my Punto. In fact I had almost finalized Dynamic. While having casual chat with my Wife and my cousin, all of a sudden they started pushing me for Emotion variant. This was the turning point in my decision making. I really felt that for the features that we get, additional 70k was worth investing; considering the fact that none of the safety features are compromised. My take is - if you can afford additional amount, close your eyes and go for Emotion variant.
    1 person likes this.